Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

just started again in Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Very light snowfall in Knocklyon at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Looks like il have to bring me daughter nearer the mountains to build a snowman
    Snow is pelting down here but not stickin and most has melted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Dublin city centre to wicklow looks like it will be hit within the hour.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Been having a pretty heavy snow shower in Meath last 15 mins ground all white again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Dublin city centre to wicklow looks like it will be hit within the hour.

Dan :)

Radar looking quite good, steady stream of showers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yup ground white here again too, propably the heaviest snow intensity ive seen since 2010, if only it would stay on the ground, looks great.

Fcuk off sun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Some weather Apps are saying rain this afternoon in Dublin?? That didn't last long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Thargor wrote: »
    Annnnnnnd its gone, why couldnt we have had this 2 months ago? :(

But March is the new January now isnt it?;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

But March is the new January now isnt it?;)

hopefully not for good

we've had 3 weeks of cold Spring weather now, I'd take a proper one week snow spell in December/January over this in a heartbeat! Still tho nice to see the snow but it's starting to look a bit odd now this late in the year.

I would love to think that when this cold spell is finally over that we are treated to one week of blue skies and 18-22C, could really do with some dryness and warmth!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Belting it down again here now with he usual non sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Gonzo wrote: »
    hopefully not for good

we've had 3 weeks of cold Spring weather now, I'd take a proper one week snow spell in December/January over this in a heartbeat! Still tho nice to see the snow but it's starting to look a bit odd now this late in the year.

I would love to think that when this cold spell is finally over that we are treated to one week of blue skies and 18-22C, could really do with some dryness and warmth!

I think we'll all be in for some shock when it does break! Long evenings, warm temps, intense light levels - it could all change in a heart-beat. Cue BBQs, sunburn and lots of drunkeness.

Starting up again in Phibsboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Forget lying snow below 250m it will be temporary at best. Some nice streamers beefing up on approach to County Dublin and Wicklow. Tonight is going to be interesting with another round of nowcasting. Slowly becoming isolated, fractured and infrequent by tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Heavier shower now - grass covered again and starting to stick on the drive. Sun very strong though, so has to stay hidden for any chance of it lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Starting to come down again around DCU again. Not sticking on the patches that have thawed from earlier this but if if keeps up for a another while probably will start sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Forget lying snow below 250m it will be temporary at best. Some nice streamers beefing up on approach to County Dublin and Wicklow. Tonight is going to be interesting with another round of nowcasting. Slowly becoming isolated, fractured and infrequent by tomorrow morning?

My thoughts are pretty much the same, decent activity maybe until 1/2 in the morning but will ultimately boil down to the nowcast. Snowfall is possible at sea level but we need more prolonged heavy showers...jut had a moderate graupel and snow shower here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Light grauple here for the last 10/15 mins, not sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Some weather Apps are saying rain this afternoon in Dublin?? That didn't last long!
    The same weather apps that had 7 degrees for today and sunny spells -:P

redser7 wrote: »

I think we'll all be in for some shock when it does break! Long evenings, warm temps, intense light levels - it could all change in a heart-beat. Cue BBQs, sunburn and lots of drunkeness.

Starting up again in Phibsboro.
    Don't forget p1ssin and moaning about it being too hot
    You know the way is Irish are never happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Higher on any slopes exposed to the sun, based on looking out the window on the mountains above roundwood!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Steam coming off the cars here now, just goes to show how strong the sun is

Warm Sun, Snow, Hail, weather doesnt know its arse from its elbow!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭froggy1985

From sun one minute to a pretty heavy 10minute flurry of snow in Blanchardstown at the moment, sticking to cars but nowhere else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Garzard

Most of our snow has gone. It's just started again but unless it comes down Day After Tomorrow style there's no chance of it sticking.
    9602_516316428414708_1339924641_n.jpg
    553006_516316738414677_1577313653_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

pad199207 wrote: »
    Steam coming off the cars here now, just goes to show how strong the sun is

Warm Sun, Snow, Hail, weather doesnt know its arse from its elbow!

Lashing snow in Dublin 15 again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Thargor wrote: »
    Annnnnnnd its gone, why couldnt we have had this 2 months ago? :(
    As soon as the kids go back to school in September the sun comes out and what do you hear?
    "why couldn't we have had this two months ago?"
    That's the Irish climate for ya!
    Snowing again and some nice looking showers in the Irish Sea too - a lot heavier than yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Why is everyone saying 'we need' heavier showers? Are ye all having a laugh? It is a pale echo of 2010, the showers are already approaching that intensity but you might as well be splashing invisible paint on walls for all the effect it will have at this time of year. You need to be up at 6am to catch any kind of real wintry buzz, but even then it feels WRONG.

Snow is a joke at this time of year, it's unseasonable, disappointing and in the way of spring time, surely we have had our fix now.

Please, please please please please please go away cold and snow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

The sun comes out . . . .

& like that . . . .
    tumblr_m7sxelMj861r76txgo1_500.gif
    . . . it was gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    The sun comes out . . . .

& like that . . . .
    tumblr_m7sxelMj861r76txgo1_500.gif
    . . . it was gone :([/Quote

That is it!! I am officially sick of the snow! I want out...I am moving to Cork!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Lovely big fluffy flakes in Lucan now....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement