Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Not all of the precip last night was isolated convective activity. There was a rotation which fizzled out and the showers were banding together around it when they hit the east coast early this morning. I guess the current crop of showers could be described as streamers? I'm not sure if there's a specific enough definition out there.

They are definitely streaming in, but honestly I always thought that a streamer was a prolonged and well defined band that constantly hits an area. Yes, there is a certain streaming in but there are defined gaps between the showers. Trust me, when anybody latches on to a proper streamer, they will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Not all of the precip last night was isolated convective activity. There was a rotation which fizzled out and the showers were banding together around it when they hit the east coast early this morning. I guess the current crop of showers could be described as streamers? I'm not sure if there's a specific enough definition out there.

But yeah, it clearly is a definition issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Just had a burst of moderate rain here in south Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Timelapse i did from earlier :)

Full HD

tut tut. txting while making a snowman ? All that snow could have melted before you got it finished. :pac::pac:

Nice vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Sun is out in Dublin City Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

rain falling in Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock- end to chance of snow so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Timelapse i did from earlier :)

Full HD

Brilliant Ian, your Husky certainly enjoys the snow, feels like home for him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Well Iancar29 has made my day. Don't care if it snows or not ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fairly heavy snow shower up by the Halfway House on the Navan Road at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

patneve2 wrote: »

They are definitely streaming in, but honestly I always thought that a streamer was a prolonged and well defined band that constantly hits an area. Yes, there is a certain streaming in but there are defined gaps between the showers. Trust me, when anybody latches on to a proper streamer, they will know.
    You are correct.A streamer is a shower train,where the same narrow area gets showers borne on the same line along a certain sea track with little gap between,so if you are under the first one,you are going to be under a near continuous spell.
    The march sun clearly spreads out the energy creating them though,hence the longer gaps and splodgier area covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Heroditas wrote: »
    Fairly heavy snow shower up by the Halfway House on the Navan Road at the moment.

Blizzarding again in dublin 15....can see this sticking again in a couple of hours.....temperature really dropping at this stage..... 0.7 degrees now.

Wow, heaviest shower of the day here in D8, total white out again.:D

edit: Big beefy flakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Very heavy snow in Dublin 8! Savage stuff

Very heavy snow in Dublin 8! Savage stuff

Heaviest of the day so far

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Big flakes again in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never seen snow this heavy or flakes this big before (Bray).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hasn't snowed here since that big shower at 11.30am fairly sunny and snow totally melted. I think the IOM shadow may have developed which is why im not getting any more snow showers, looking at the radar you can see the clear division from the IOM through Meath and on into the midlands dividing the snow showers over Dublin and Wicklow and the ones further north over Louth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LordSinclair

Bucketing down snow at the Red Cow on Naas Road at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard in Dublin 2 Georges street now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Santander

rain falling in Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock- end to chance of snow so
    Snow flakes falling here-right beside the sea in Blackrock....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 snowtime

3 separate streamer bands setting up now by the looks of it, who will be the lucky ones?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Looking at the radar on forecast.io I'm right between those two showers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Serious snow in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Heaviest snow shower I've seen in 3 years here in Navan this morning. As soon as the sun came out though, all the lying snow vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

thomasj wrote: »
    Blizzard in Dublin 2 Georges street now

And As Quick As It Stopped It Started Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

And it's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Such a waste of snow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 12 snowtime

snowtime wrote: »
    3 separate streamer bands setting up now by the looks of it, who will be the lucky ones?!
    Make that 4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Can see heavier snow curtains falling a matter of nothing more than 5 miles, even less. Literally my house has blue skies over the front garden, clouds over the back garden, darker clouds producing decent snow just abit further North. Catching the edge of it at least, but it's so light, the flakes are actually floating back upwards almost in the breeze.

Hair will be pulled out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement