Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

My neighbour just drove from Waterford to Tramore in the snow..... WoW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAnexg9ADA&feature=youtu.be

Nice one from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow will come to you if you just dont look at the radar!

Ive been doing it all day and shower after has come through!

I hope one of those streamers said above is heading for the Naas area!

A great dirty black sky to my north atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

NOW we have a decent streamer going, stretching from the IOM to the Dundalk area. Note the stronger intensity in the tight band. Hopefully the bands off Dublin will intensify

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just started snowing in Letterkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Sun out now in D4. Snow all melted at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

patneve2 wrote: »
    NOW we have a decent streamer going, stretching from the IOM to the Dundalk area. Note the stronger intensity in the tight band. Hopefully the bands off Dublin will intensify

Yup, that's proper streamer! Looks so innocent on radar but they're monsters when you're underneath them.

I wonder is the snow cover in the IOM has anything to do with it's lack of shadow making recently. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

dinorebel wrote: »
    Just started snowing in Letterkenny.

Very heavy snow ashtown. Dublin 15...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Sun out in the city centre ground saturated and not dry enough to let anything stick

gosh, whoever latches on to this will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

gosh, whoever latches on to this will be happy!

The showers for Dublin would want to get organised quick smart !

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I have to admit, it's cute to see you lads talking about a blizzard. Craters. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

and share it with wicklow lol :)

agreed

We could see more snow after dark by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Louth is sorted for some heavy snow!

Hopefully Southern bands get more organised coming into evening aswell.

Anyone not on a mobile, do charts have any sort of wind gradient change to a slightly more NE direction? Or is the current state of wind set in for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'd rather they take their time and get properly organised for after dark than dump their load now only for it to melt straight away.
    About 7pm would be nice.
    Continuing non stop until about 1am so I can go to sleep then. That would be even nicer. :pac:

watched rte weather at one interesting alright might see a good bit tonight!!
    weather warnings gone from yellow to orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ive an awful feeling these showers will gradually die out just after nightfall!

NAE going for some, this for midnight !

13032800_2712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Rougies wrote: »
    I'd rather they take their time and get properly organised for after dark than dump their load now only for it to melt straight away.
    About 7pm would be nice.
    Continuing non stop until about 1am so I can go to sleep then. That would be even nicer. :pac:

Agreed, as heavy and intense as the day time ones were yesterday and moreso today, none of them really stick. It really was only the ones around 9pm last night and then early morning today that deposited accumulating snow.

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    they did here last night didnt start snowing again until 4 am so heres for hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

pad199207 wrote: »

Can't see that happening Pad, there's far too much activity going on in the Irish Sea, it just keeps on bubbling up more goodies.

Deank wrote: »

Can't see that happening Pad, there's far too much activity going on in the Irish Sea, it just keeps on bubbling up more goodies.
    fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Blizzard here with the last shower.
    Cant recall ever seeing such heavy snow coming from the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Are we due some more snow here along the east (especially Arklow;-) )for this evening and tonight??

Havent been had an update since early this morning. The reason why i ask is i have seen a link on eircoms news homepage about snow in the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Showers have died out the last couple of hours in the Waterford area.

Breeze has dropped a bit as well and even though its only about 5c if feels very spring like in the sun :) Almost glorious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cloud-breeze-shower-whiteout-energy-melt-cloud-breeze-shower-whiteout-energy-melt

Sod 10 more days of that for a game of soldiers...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Rougies wrote: »
    Yup, that's proper streamer! Looks so innocent on radar but they're monsters when you're underneath them.

I wonder is the snow cover in the IOM has anything to do with it's lack of shadow making recently. Hmm.
    I don't think snow cover could do anything except depress convective potential. It reflects heat away from the earth's surface and inhibits surface heating of air. I've shown that the Lake District is more responsible for blocking precipitation from reaching the east coast of Ireland in these synoptics. The air coming from Britain is already carrying moisture and has more sunlight to generate showers over land than the event in 2010 was. The IoM was an issue in 2010, it doesn't mean it affects all shower formation in an easterly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

John.Icy wrote: »
    Louth is sorted for some heavy snow!

Hopefully Southern bands get more organised coming into evening aswell.

Anyone not on a mobile, do charts have any sort of wind gradient change to a slightly more NE direction? Or is the current state of wind set in for the evening?
    Louth is not sorted for heavy snow really! That band could well miss all of Drogheda and Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 snowtime

I don't think snow cover could do anything except depress convective potential. It reflects heat away from the earth's surface and inhibits surface heating of air. I've shown that the Lake District is more responsible for blocking precipitation from reaching the east coast of Ireland in these synoptics. The air coming from Britain is already carrying moisture and has more sunlight to generate showers over land than the event in 2010 was. The IoM was an issue in 2010, it doesn't mean it affects all shower formation in an easterly:)

Yes i'd say the IOM is actually helping intensify that band due to the intensity of the sun this time of year causing updrafts to develop over the land and it continues to intensify when it comes off the land and taps into the moisture over the sea.... if you know what I mean!!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement