Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some decent sized Hail falling here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Only 1 degree at 3pm in Dublin. Quite incredible given we are a few days from April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Louth is not sorted for heavy snow really! That band could well miss all of Drogheda and Dundalk.

Louth is more than those two towns? And being so small of a county anyway its been mostly hit dead on by that Northern streamer, give or take a tiny bit of south Louth. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Just had a moderate snow shower, a bigger and quite heavy one on the way. The Louth streamer looked very good before but seems to be getting too spread out...Dundalk prob got a dusting from it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

John.Icy wrote: »
    Louth is more than those two towns? And being so small of a county anyway its been mostly hit dead on by that Northern streamer, give or take a tiny bit of south Louth. :)
    Check the auld radar, it might hit about half the area of the county consistently, about 80% of the county on-and-off. Not the same thing as Louth being sorted for heavy snow, just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Only 1 degree at 3pm in Dublin. Quite incredible given we are a few days from April

Between the north last week and the showers from yesterday and today its a bit surreal weather for late march.
    Yet in the sun away from the breeze its nearly balmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Check the auld radar, it might hit about half the area of the county consistently, about 80% of the county on-and-off. Not the same thing as Louth being sorted for heavy snow, just yet

Okay then.....but really when I said they were sorted for heavy snow it only meant parts of Louth were going to be hit by an incoming decent streamer...which it was, specifics on a percentage was not what I was aiming for. :D

Pretty irrelevant now anyway, that streamer impacting Louth is looking less organised every update, in awhile it mighnt even hit 20% of the place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Some nice snow fall in north Wicklow here at times, but not sticking. Shankill DART Station this morning:

246727.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Streamer into wicklow seems to be getting more organised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

heffoo wrote: »
    Streamer into wicklow seems to be getting more organised
    I'm wondering is that going for Arklow,there's a long line of it,100 miles back past holy head :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

A lot of these heavy showers making it over to us in Mayo. If only the sun was gone it would settle!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

No activity in Trim since this morning really, all dry here and was very sunny for a time earlier - warmed up to about 5C.

whitebriar wrote: »
    I'm wondering is that going for Arklow,there's a long line of it,100 miles back past holy head :eek:

Seems to be heading in the direction of arklow alright as long ad it goes up towards knockananna im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Whitebriar we are getting a slightly better NE flow. I cant help myself but that the showers coming off the Isle of Angelsea remain fractured and disorganised as they approach coastal regions. If showers can remain organised we will see a nice heavy load approach between Wicklow Town and Wexford Town, If they beef up Waterford could see some action too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

And to answer my own question.
    No.
    It will affect south Dublin and north wicklow.It's southern tail with a flurry down this way will dissipate as has been the case today and yesterday.
    The upper flow is probably still East.

Wicklow weather nice mention on eastcoast today, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Will Ballymun Dublin 11 see any more snow in the next 2 hours or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Looking at wicklow mountains all day, as the dat goes on more and more cover seem to be pushing inland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Looking at wicklow mountains all day, as the dat goes on more and more cover seem to be pushing inland?

huh:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looking at the latest guidance, would expect some further bursts of 3-5 cm accumulations this evening, tapering off to light flurries after midnight, with some chance for southeast to see one interval as models indicate oscillating wind directions between ESE and NE next 9-12 hours. Also some indication of a weaker burst of activity late Thursday in north Leinster. Otherwise the trend now to early Friday is generally a dry or drying trend but a few places (and it could include Dublin) will remain in the game for the rest of today.

Also the early guidance (12z models already reporting) has shifted towards a more active and possibly wintry scenario from later Saturday through Monday and uppers remain at least marginal for snow if not very good for snow as in the north-central regions. It all suggests potential for bands of snow, sleet and cold rain trying to organize and move slowly north.

Will be updating forecast to restore an advance alert that was less supported at 00z for morning forecast, if ECM follows same trends later.

Given that it's Easter Sunday-Monday with a lot of people wanting to travel, disruptions should be mentioned as possible both for road and air travel, if this band of snowfall comes to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Light shower in Carlow at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

heffoo wrote: »
    Wicklow weather nice mention on eastcoast today, keep up the good work

Ye Wha! never heard anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

South Dublin to South Wicklow best places in the next while I think. Another moderate snow shower here, have lost count of how many we've had here today...jeez, if that flow today had been slack with land breezes, there would have been significant disruption

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

One of the beefier showers of the day just clipped Dun Laoghaire, I would imagine Dalkey-Bray is doing rather better out of it.

Wind is ENE gusting to Force 4, temp is 2.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Rougies wrote: »

huh:confused:

I am not un-used to this reaction.

This morning the mountains closer to me in kildare had no cover, as the day progressed they have become whiter.

The snow seems to be making it further inland to a point where it is sticking. I've had snow on and off all day here but it's gone as soon.,as it falls.

I am taking comfort in the fact that the snow seems to be coming in my direction in a more meaningful way
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just heard on radio met eireann are giving warnings of a much colder night with heavier snow showers expected to hit Dublin and Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I am not un-used to this reaction.

This morning the mountains closer to me in kildare had no cover, as the day progressed they have become whiter.

The snow seems to be making it further inland to a point where it is sticking. I've had snow on and off all day here but it's gone as soon.,as it falls.

I am taking comfort in the fact that the snow seems to be coming in my direction in a more meaningful way
    ;)
    I understood what you ment,now where's my gold star:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Complete whiteout here in the Dublin Mountains. 0.4 Degrees dp - 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Been snowing on and off all day here in Dublin 10. Nothing for the last hour or so, ground is damp, no snow on the ground, weak sunshine.

• Advertisement

Ye Wha! never heard anything about it?

Yep definitly mentioned regarding predicting the snow and ongoing cold snap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement