Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Super question

Options
  • 13-03-2013 9:24am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so I got a job (thank god), and will be signing the contract with the recruiter tomorrow. One thing she asked me to bring is my super details and compliance letter.

I thought your super was automatically taken by the company who pays you, and what's a compliance letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Can only speak from my own experience and what I know. If the company is new or only has a very small number of employees they probably won't have their own super fund, so you have to get your own. This happened to me so I just set one up with my bank.

They do automatically take it from your pay and pay it into your account but you have to supply your super account details, if you have your own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

There are better ones than bank ones. They tend to have higher fees. In general industry super funds tend to be a better.
    Oh and you can sign up for a super on line in a few minutes. You might need some scans of ID to verify though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

AMP have an online managed super fund and are one of the biggest around
    https://www.amp.com.au/wps/portal/au/AMPAUProduct3C?vigurl=%2Fvgn-ext-templating%2Fv%2Findex.jsp%3Fvgnextoid%3D50d56e5cf0d42210VgnVCM10000083d20d0aRCRD

(please note I work for AMP)

Advertisement