Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Betting

Options
  • 13-03-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Going to try something new here, with the aim of sustaining a profit with a long-term strategy. The aim is to re-assess at the end of each month and learn from the previous month. New deposits can only be made at the start of each month.

The premise is a simple enough one really. There’ll be a starting bank of 200 and the aim is not to have to add to this initial outlay over the course of the experiment.

There are no significant rules about stakes and percentages, just my own intuition.

The focus will mainly be on football and rugby and there must be solid reasoning for all bets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭billybonds

Thanks Rossit, much appreciated.

One I fancy this morning is in Australia where the Cheetahs visit the Waratahs. The Tah’s have been struggling so far this season and were on the receiving end of a comprehensive beating last week against the Brumbies. Michael Cheika has a lot of work to do and some of the senior players really need to step up sooner rather than later. The return of Berrick Barnes is a plus but they’ve lost a few in the pack.

The Cheetahs rebounded from the thrashing at the hands of the Chiefs to record a hugely impressive victory over the Highlanders last week and will be looking to add to that this morning. They’re playing some lovely rugby as always but Goosen is on form with his kicking which is a big bonus. Should be an entertaining game but I think the bookies might have got this line wrong so I’m happy to take the Cheetahs on the handicap.

40 on the Cheetahs +8 at evens.

Cheetahs ended up winning in the end so covered the handicap.

Another one this evening that caught my eye was in the Kings - Chiefs game.

The bookies have priced this game around the 17 point mark. When the books opened it was around the 15 mark so there is money coming in for the Chiefs. I fear this may be the game that the resilient defence of the Kings may finally crumble.

In their first game in Super Rugby the Kings performed heroically to beat an extremely poor Western Force side. The Force were camped on the Kings line for large periods of the game and the score line didn’t reflect the stats. Two tries from schoolboy Sergeal Petersen helped them on their way but the Force were poor defensively and missed all of their kicks.
    Last week the Kings came up against last year’s runners up in the form of the Sharks. The Sharks had a slight off day and weren’t themselves but full credit to the Kings for holding them tryless. However it just shows the number of points the Kings can give away against a proper kicker and added to this the Shaks had one try disallowed and were held up three times. The Sharks aren’t known for their great attacking play but really should have been better value than their 21-12 victory.

The Chiefs got off to a perfect start comprehensively beating the Highlanders by 14 points in their opener and followed that up with a hugely impressive 42 point victory over the Cheetahs in round two. They narrowly lost out to the Stormers by two points in a thriller last week, 36-34 and will be smarting from that while looking to bounce straight back. As we can see, they are scoring points for fun and look like a complete outfit on offense.

The Kings have made over 300 tackles this season already and they surely can’t continue. They have yet to face such a dominant attack like the Chiefs and I’d fancy the Chiefs to win comfortably in the end.

80 on the Chiefs -17 at evens.

Fancy Wigan to compound more misery on Leeds tonight. Leeds were overrun by Huddersfield last week and haven't really gotten over the Melbourne game as of yet. Wigan will be looking to get revenge against the thorn in their side from last season and have a good record at Leeds.

50 on Leeds at 6/5

110 on the Saders -9 at evens in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

good luck hai

Thanks CN, much appreciated.

Fancy the Reds to put a score on the Force this morning. Genia back and taking into account how poor the Force have been combined with the Reds home form.

55 on the Reds -11 at 10/11

Having a treble on the rugby today.

80 on Ireland, Wales and France all to win at 11/4

Fancy West Tigers this morning in the NRL to outplay Parramatta.

110 on West Tigers -1 at 10/11

Think the Saders will have way too much for the Kings in the morning. More losses for them during the week and their first major test away from home. The Saders looked decent last week after a rusty start and will be eager to impress the home crowd. Interestingly the early line for this was set at 41! Much more sensible now and I'm certainly taking the -28 on offer.

110 on the Crusaders -28 at 10/11

• Advertisement

60 on the Reds at 5/6 in play.

Fancy the Force to get things going at home this morning against the Cheetahs. They've been impressive at times in recent weeks and combined with home advantage and Goosens injury should make them favourites here.

88 on The Force -3 at 10/11

Think the bookies have been too generous with the handicap in the Sharks Rebels game and the +15 in favour of the Rebels is tempting.

110 on the Rebels +15 at 10/11

50 on Wasps at 13/8 in play

The Tahs will be desperate to win in front of their own fans and they’ll be under no illusions about the task in hand. However you can guarantee John Kirwan and his staff will have been drilling the Blues players over the last two weeks and they’ll be eager to make amends. The problems at the Tahs run deep and I fancy the Blues to make a statement this weekend.

220 on the Blues -2 at 10/11

After a bit of a break, time to resurrect this against. Was a bit of a mess in relation to keeping account of this previously so going to start from scratch.

Starting bank will be 200 and a detailed recored to be kept after each bet to make it easier to see any progress, good or bad.

First up is in the IPL and I like to the look of Sunrisers this afternoon up against Pune.

50 on Bangalore at 6/5

110 on the Sharks -3 at 10/11

110 on Stade Francais +7 at 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

What happened to a detailed update after each bet as you said three posts ago but haven't done :-P

Kankan14 wrote: »
    What happened to a detailed update after each bet as you said three posts ago but haven't done :-P

Apologies, I've been out all day so just on my phone at the moment. Will give an update this evening when I get home. Bad form I know and something I'll definitely try stick to in future.

In the meantime having 75 on Clermont -11 at evens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

LOL
    Was only kidding, I know how hard it is to keep totally up to date from doing my own log.

It does make it a better read though if you keep everything up to date

Kankan14 wrote: »
    LOL
    Was only kidding, I know how hard it is to keep totally up to date from doing my own log.

It does make it a better read though if you keep everything up to date

Ha, I know! It does make it much better and it's something itm gonna strive to. Will sort it out when I get home.

Final one for me today is 100 on Ulster +4 at evens

100 on Harlequins -7 at evens

150 on Leicester +9 at evens

billybonds wrote: »
    50 on Bangalore at 6/5

Sunrisers won a very close game by 22 runs. Wasn’t easy though after a poor enough innings. A lot was down to the prowess of Dale Steyn.

Profit/Loss: +60
    110 on the Sharks -3 at 10/11

Sharks win by 4 in a game that was way too close for comfort but thankfully just about a winner in the end.

Profit/Loss: +100
    110 on Stade Francais +7 at 10/11

Stade Francais really turned it on against Bath in a hugely impressive 36-20 win over Bath.

Profit/Loss: + 100
    75 on Clermont -11 at evens.

Clermont were quite impressive in their 36-14 win over Montpellier but they were very much helped by Trinh-Duc going off injured early on. Could have been a different ball game otherwise.

Profit/Loss: +75
    100 on Ulster +4 at evens

Ulster were very poor against Saracens going down 27-16 and this never looked like a good bet once the game started.

Profit/Loss: -100
    100 on Harlequins -7 at evens

Munster pulled off a very impressive win away at Quins and again, this never really looked like coming in. Over-estimated Quins in this one.

Profit/Loss: -100
    150 on Leicester +9 at evens

Leicester always stayed within the cap in their tussle in Toulon and were unlucky despite getting to sin-binnings.

Profit/Loss: +150

Overall Profit/Loss: +285

55 in Man Utd at 13/10

Back after a lengthy stint away.

Like the look of Watford today in the playoffs, think they'll have too much for Leicester.

100 on Watford at evens

200 on Man Utd -1 at 4/5

20 on Sexton to score a try at 2/1

• Advertisement

80 on NSW in the State of Origin at 10/11

Advertisement