Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo hosting.

• 13-03-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I am looking for a website that allows anybody to post images to but that I have editorial control over ie My sister got married and I want everybody to post their pics to a site where I am the only one able to see them. I then want to edit them and present them to her when she gets home as a surprise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

why not just create an email address and get people to email you the images and you can post-process them and hey presto .

plenty of email sites with loads of space....or you could try dropbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dodge159

Thanks corkbak for feed back
    I don't want everybody to see all the images.(part of the surprise)
    Most people have images on their phones and i would like a site that is compatible with phone uploads. (it has to be simple lots of tech challenged people at wedding)

so an email account is possibly the best solution (if they have trouble with email they will have more trouble with a website which allows people to upload mobile phone images)

if people do not have access to email its safe to say you wont be getting images from those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dodge159

prob right Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Email will be a disaster, emailing around more then 50mb of data is difficult and getting the average wedding guest to do it is even more difficult. Joe Wedding guest takes 500mb of photos, is he really going to figure out how to attach these all to multiple emails or is he going to give up and not bother?

Google Drive and Dropbox are options but you will more then likely have to buy some increased storage.

A flicker account (paid for again) and send out the user/password is another option.

If you can convince people to zip it up to one file thats less tan 2gb or multiple files less then 2gb each they could use:

https://www.wetransfer.com/

• Advertisement

Rew ...you are assuming people are taking loads of large files, the OP has mentioned that people will have mobile phone images, and I'm guessing there will not be too many DSLR's (I'm only making an assumption that guests at a wedding dont take expensive camera gear with them)

so ... thats why I suggested email, and/or dropbox.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Corkbah wrote: »
    Rew ...you are assuming people are taking loads of large files, the OP has mentioned that people will have mobile phone images, and I'm guessing there will not be too many DSLR's (I'm only making an assumption that guests at a wedding dont take expensive camera gear with them)

so ... thats why I suggested email, and/or dropbox.

Im basing it off my own wedding earlier this year and ill put money 90% is point and shoot's that are ~10mp and will be 500mb+ per camera. There is always 1 or 2 with a DSLR's a swell. You will also find that 99.999% of the phone pics aren't worth it or that people have no idea how to get them off there phone other than posting to Facebook.

I handed around my laptop the next day copying cards. Judging my some of what I got people rarely delete anything off their point and shoot mem cards!!

Advertisement