Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry + Gmail

Options
  • 13-03-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

I have a gmail account that I use with my Blackberry. There's second email address (not a @gmail address) that I forward to my gmail account but I cannot seem to send anything from this (but can obviously receive emails).

Is there a way to change this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You should be able to send from the Gmail account.
    However it will show as coming from your Gmail address. Is this correct?

Or is it just not sending at all?

Do you want it to show as if it came from your work address?

Edit: what blackberry do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Add the second email account, that you forward to the other gmail account, to your BIS and set it under filters "Do not forward messages to this device".

Now you'll be able to send email from that address but it wont doube up on received email which will still come through via the forward to your gmail.

Do note though that if replying to a forwarded email that came in to your gmail account on your blackberry device you cannot change the "from" address. It'll reply from the gmail address. You can forward an email received from the gmail forward and change the "from" address but you cannot reply and change the "from" address.

Make sense?

Unless its a BB 10 device right cookie?

I did exactly this on a Z10 yesterday, or at least it appears to be working.

Yes if it's BB10 it's a different set up but you'd still need to add the second email address and then tell that email account to delete email that's been forwarded to gmail. That should stop double email coming in.

You might check this for me cookie. I have it set up as follows:

Work Email (forwarded to Gmail) from work email server.
    Only the Gmail address is setup on BB10 device.

Under the Gmail account settings -> "Send Mail As"
    Gmail Address "Reply to" set as work address.

Added the Work Email address (Not an Alias) - "Add another email address you own"
    [I had to verify I owned the address - gmail sent work address a verification code]
    Made Work Email address "default".
    I have the stmp sent through smtp.gmail.com, login details as per Gmai address.

Now any mail that is from the Gmail account appears as if sent from the Work Address.

This is what I was told to do by support and I hope it'll continue to work (as it appears to be working now).

• Advertisement

That would work too but now all email replied to coming from the gmail account will appear to come from the other address. Fine if you want it set up that way though. I use both my gmail address and my work address despite the fact I forward all email from work to gmail address (primarily for speed of reciept).

Yup, thats what we want. Cheers cookie.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

You should be able to send from the Gmail account.
    However it will show as coming from your Gmail address. Is this correct?

Or is it just not sending at all?

Do you want it to show as if it came from your work address?

Edit: what blackberry do you have?

E.g.

Gmail account: renn@gmail.com
    Work account: info@renn.com

I receive an email sent to my work account on my Blackberry. However, when I reply, it replies using my gmail account. I want to reply using my work account (well, I really want the option of choosing between the two, just like the option you have when you go through gmail itself).

Phone is a 8520.

Renn wrote: »
    E.g.

Gmail account: renn@gmail.com
    Work account: info@renn.com

I receive an email sent to my work account on my Blackberry. However, when I reply, it replies using my gmail account. I want to reply using my work account (well, I really want the option of choosing between the two, just like the option you have when you go through gmail itself).

Phone is a 8520.

You cannot really choose unless you forward the email and then add the person you want to reply to. If you've email forwarded to your gmail and you click reply it'll reply from the gmail account. Otherwise it's one of the options described above (work reply always or gmail reply always). It's actually a security feature of blackberry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement