Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Waste

Options
  • 13-03-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that takes grass and hedge cuttings or any type of green waste for free? Preferably in the Ballincollig or Macroom area. I just went to the city dump this morning and they wanted E5 for 4 bags of grass waste. Despite it saying on their website that it was free for green waste.

I have a compost heap but still have leftover green waste that needs dumping.

Also if anyone has recommendations for a garden maintenance person in the same area between Macroom and Ballincollig that would be great.

Thanks,
    Paidi

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Did you try the macroom bring centre on the killarney side of macroom.On the left two minutes after the graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

No I had forgot about that place, might take a trip there this weekend. Although this flyer seems to indicate they charge for green waste also but cheers for reminder about that place.

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/318602.pdf

Paidi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

paidi_ed wrote: »
    No I had forgot about that place, might take a trip there this weekend. Although this flyer seems to indicate they charge for green waste also but cheers for reminder about that place.

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/318602.pdf

Paidi

Yes, Macroom take green waste and they charge a fee for it, probably because they don't want private businesses (such as gardeners and landscapers) taking advantage of it. I think it will be hard to find somewhere that will take it for free but good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Macroom charge for green waste and it is quite pricey if I remember rightly.

Advertisement