Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Visa

Options
  • 13-03-2013 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Myself and a friend will be travelling to Moscow on the 25th of this month. Roughly how long does it take to get the visa? We are really panicking now!!!

And also, do you have to visit the embassy or can you post up everything? Any advice/information GREATLY appreciated!!!! VERY WORRIED :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

You'll be fine, but you wouldn't want to waste too much time. I'd do my best to go tomorrow TBH.

You'll have to get the documents together and one of you will have to hand them in at the embassy. I'm not sure if you can post them, but I wouldn't. If there's any issues you'll be into next week before it's sorted out by post, and then you really will have a problem. It will take less than a week for the passports to be ready for collection. Someone will have to collect the passports in person (it can be anybody, just give them the receipt you got at the embassy). Be aware that the Russian embassy is way outside the city centre (but reasonably close to a Luas line), and only handles visa stuff until midday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SARAHCA

I won't have my letter of invitation until tomorrow! And I work everyday until 3.30! Would it be possible for someone else to go up to the embassy to hand in our documents???

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

You can post your passports to the embassy, just use registered post and get the express option which is €100 rather than the regular €60. It's a 3 day processing period, the regular option takes 4-20 days. This took me about 2 weeks in the past so I would definitely go for the express and you should have them back by the end of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The Russian Embassy is not the quickest. But you can pay an additional fee to have it expedited.

Thank you guys for the advice!! If I post it Friday, and they get it Tuesday (because of bank hol monday) it should be ready by Friday/Monday morning?? So worried!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If you can drive to the Embassy that would be my advice. Just make sure you have all your paperwork in order. Are you staying with friends or in a hotel? Is it a tourist visa or are you being invited?

Im an hour and a half from Dublin so thats not really going to work! Could someone else go for me?? We're being invited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭pipie

It would be more worth your time to go in person, they will do a quick pre screening of your paperwork.
    If you have a problem they will point it out to you straight away and you will have an opportunity to correct it.
    Check their website before you go to be absolutly sure you have ever piece of paper you are required to have.
    Also they do not work on Russian bank holidays....
    Read in detail what is on their Dublin embassy site and go in person if you are only 1.5hrs away is my advice.

I work until 3.30 everyday, and I doubt I'll make it up before it closes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭pipie

SARAHCA wrote: »
    I work until 3.30 everyday, and I doubt I'll make it up before it closes :(

I could be wrong but I think you need to be there before 11.45AM for visa applications and collection.

I have the impression you still have not carefully read their website.
    Everything you need to know is there.
    Boards is not where you should be asking questions.

Read their site in detail...it is all you need to know.

http://www.ireland.mid.ru/visa_en.html

PS If I were you I would definatly be taking the first half of the morning off work and go and deliver your application by hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Mornings are really really busy with people applying for visas. If you try to come in towards the end of their opening hours you might not be seen at all and they'll tell you to come back the next day (no skin off their nose). Found it often best to be there almost an hour before they open. You'll be surprised how early people start to queue up.
    You don't have to go in person to pick up your passport but make sure you bring a registered self-addressed envelope with your paperwork for them to send back to you. I would recommend as the others did to do your application in person, there's often something else they want to ask or clarify and I've had applications sent back to me before, requesting to come in person. My application is a little more complicated than most peoples, however, they are much more pedantic and bureaucratic than other embassies I've been to.

I have read it, I know everything I need to do and bring, its just a case of not knowing whether to post it as going up is just NOT an option unfortunately. My first question was just asking how long it takes. And i wanted to know if I could get someone else to bring my paperwork up for me! I won't be getting off work yo do it myself, thats why im worried. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They also ONLY take postal orders, no cheques, no cards.

You can send somebody else for you, just make absolutely sure they have all the paperwork and it's all accurate.
    I left mine in and was told to come back a few days later. When you are collecting, you don't have to queue again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

as I said you don't need to collect. Get them to send it to you.

spurious wrote: »
    They also ONLY take postal orders, no cheques, no cards.

You can send somebody else for you, just make absolutely sure they have all the paperwork and it's all accurate.
    I left mine in and was told to come back a few days later. When you are collecting, you don't have to queue again.

Thank you! Sorting out my paperwork now and hopefully someone will get up there Tuesday for me, all going well! Thanks everyone for your brilliant help :)

Advertisement