Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manicure sets for little girls?

• 13-03-2013 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My little girl is 9 and has stopped biting her nails, I promised to get her a little manicure set and some sparkly nail varnish.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a manicure set that would be suitable for young girls.

Also, she fell in love with this nail varnish, I do not seem to be able to buy it anywhere, so I am toying with the idea of getting a pale pink shade of nail varnish and adding some fine glitter into the bottle. Have any of you tried this and did it work for you?
    nyxcandyglitter.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Essence have a colour called 'Space Queen' that looks quite similar to that one

4997732951_725366685c.jpg

Only €1.79ish

Bit of a weird place but the Art & Hobby shop had manicure sets for little girls at Christmas, and Smyths have a few nail/make-up kits as well

http://www.toys.ie/Fashion-Angels--3D-Nail-Art-!123293-prd.aspx

Actual manicure kits can be a bit boring (and sharp/stabby - I gave myself quite the hole in my hand as a kid with my Mam's cuticle pusher thing) so you might be better off taking yourself to a Penneys/Chemist with a large Essence stand and picking up a few cute things it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Essence have a colour called 'Space Queen' that looks quite similar to that one

4997732951_725366685c.jpg

Only €1.79ish

Bit of a weird place but the Art & Hobby shop had manicure sets for little girls at Christmas, and Smyths have a few nail/make-up kits as well

http://www.toys.ie/Fashion-Angels--3D-Nail-Art-!123293-prd.aspx

Actual manicure kits can be a bit boring (and sharp/stabby - I gave myself quite the hole in my hand as a kid with my Mam's cuticle pusher thing) so you might be better off taking yourself to a Penneys/Chemist with a large Essence stand and picking up a few cute things it.

MissFlitworth you are an angel thank you:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Some of the toyshops have nail art sets with little booklets on simple nail art ideas eg. ladybird nails. As far as I can remember they were cheap enough. One thing that might be an idea is getting one of those nail polish remover pots where you dip your finger in and twist, Bourjois do one but I know you can get a cheaper version in Boots.. saves faffing about with cotton wool and remover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you're in Dublin, Hamleys in Dundrum had a little nail section at Christmas that I presume is still there. My husband bought his niece a manicure set there.

Scraggs wrote: »
    Some of the toyshops have nail art sets with little booklets on simple nail art ideas eg. ladybird nails. As far as I can remember they were cheap enough. One thing that might be an idea is getting one of those nail polish remover pots where you dip your finger in and twist, Bourjois do one but I know you can get a cheaper version in Boots.. saves faffing about with cotton wool and remover!

Thanks,I never knew something like this existed.:)

• Advertisement

If you're in Dublin, Hamleys in Dundrum had a little nail section at Christmas that I presume is still there. My husband bought his niece a manicure set there.

Maybe a shopping trip could be in order:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Claires have some nice ones as well, my OH bought a nice set for her niece at Xmas. But def good ideas mentioned above. My sister always used those polish remover pots. There's some called quickies as well, AFAIR they're pads with polish remover on. Just make sure you close the lid afterwards. (goes for the pot type as well)

Advertisement