Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Wrestling Ban

Options
  • 13-03-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I wished an injury on someone in the pro wrestling forum.
    Apologies, allow me to clarify, I wished an injury on a pro wrestler, who more than likely will not ever see my post.
    Also, it is a television show that we are talking about. I could understand if it were a boxing forum, or an actual competitive sport.
    I feel that this ban is unjust, and I am quite scared that if the ban is not lifted I may relapse mentally.
    I have been clean and sober off of all mind-altering substances since the end of 2011, and this sort of thing really raises my anxiety levels. I am now going to spend the rest of the day in bed, to try and avoid going to get high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You wished a serious head injury on someone, which breaks both the boards.ie general "don't be a dick" rule and the forum-specific rule on being civil. And you accept that you did so. That the person involved may not read the forum isn't a defence for breaking the rules that way. And the nature of the activity has no bearing, because the specific accident you were referring to was a real head trauma.

I'm not seeing any reason to lift the one-day ban here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The irony in my statement was completely lost on gimmick. I feel quite embarrassed by the whole situation. I think gimmick owes me an apology because he took it personally when I said something bad about one of his favourites. I find a lot of the remarks on forum in question to be less than satisfactory, but I do not let the get to me. Anyway, here's hoping I don't take no cocaine or wind up back in the Temple Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The potential consumption of illegal recreational narcotics is also not a defence against breaking the charter...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

No defence. Just delivering an impact statement, hoping that the B.B (Boards Bureaucrats) will understand my standing on the matter. Anyway, I bid you adieu. I hope that some day I can be a Boards Administrator just like you. For the most part, I enjoy the message board. But when a punishment is handed out without any warning, I find it VERY hard to stomach. Anyway, I have tried to air my grievances. I hope I have been listened to, because in the past, I feel that I have not been.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement