Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medion Akoya PC (Intel Core i5 3330, 6GB, 1TB HDD) 350 euro at Amazon

• 13-03-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Medion Akoya PC8585 Desktop PC (Intel Core i5 3330 3.0GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

Costs 299 pounds which works out around 350 euro at the moment.

Great powerful processor, big hard drive, more than enough ram and comes with Windows 8. Keyboard and mouse included.

Spotted on Hot UK Deals.

9 left at the time of posting.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AU2NO7Y/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Out of stock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

I see 1 left

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

The stock status keeps changing. According to the thread on hukd, it was out of stock and then they got a few more. They seem to sell out real quick but worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭eblistic

I bought a Medion Akoya branded laptop a couple of years ago and have had bad experiences with their support services. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

eblistic wrote: »
    I bought a Medion Akoya branded laptop a couple of years ago and have had bad experiences with their support services. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I also have a Medion Akoya laptop I bought in Aldi about 6 years ago. I had to contact contact support services a few times and they were excellent. I would defo buy one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I had the laptop and will keep away from the brand in future. Had to send it back to be repaired and it took ages to come back. So long that while still under warranty I paid for it to be repaired for other issues elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

I'm posting from a several year old Medion desktop. Excellent layout / build quality internally - very easy to upgrade. One experience with customer service (processor fan started whining) which was fixed with a replacement part within a few days. I'd happily buy another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I too had a Medion from Aldi years ago. Never stopped giving me trouble, they replaced the motherboard 4 times. Eventually sent me a new one just at the end of the 3 years. The new one wasn't covered with 3 year support, blew after a year, I just took all the parts i needed from it.

Medion have excellent support IMO, but make sh!t computers. Whenever something goes in them, it's usually something weird.
    The PSU's are often cheap, worth changing immediately.

Also had a friend who had a Medion laptop with the Nvidia defect. They denied it, he got nowt for it.

All of that said, the price is brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 E90

Looks good but would not buy medion again. Problem with keyboard for my medion laptop, phoned support to buy a replacement and they would not sell me one nor tell me the model number to source one myself. Its out of warranty so now I am left with a 300 euro unusable laptop. They quoted upwards of 120 to repair it themselves. No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

E90 wrote: »
    Looks good but would not buy medion again. Problem with keyboard for my medion laptop, phoned support to buy a replacement and they would not sell me one nor tell me the model number to source one myself. Its out of warranty so now I am left with a 300 euro unusable laptop. They quoted upwards of 120 to repair it themselves. No thanks

theres probably a generic part number on it you can search google/ebay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

The i3 version of the desktop is in stock with the same amound of ram and the same 1TB hard drive. It is also 50 euro cheaper, works out about 300 euro for the desktop including mouse + keyboard.

Also to the people who worry about bad components, one of the pics online show the Medion desktop with a 350W Fortron PSU which is a good quality product and is definitely strong enough for this machine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AU2NO8I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Firblog

Medion were taken over by Lenovo last year; have a good rep for reliability.

Advertisement