Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else got someone doing the JR cert?

• 13-03-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got someone doing the JR Cert?
    The Mock results are starting to come in and choices about dropping back from the higher level. How did yours get on, did they study enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Study what's that ;)

Mine did very well considering him and study had a massive falling out at xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

My Daughter so far had:
    CSPE 80%
    Home Economics 67% HL
    Geography 59% HL
    Science 75% HL
    French 59% HL

I was not educated in Ireland, so I don't really know if this is ok
    for the mock tests. She hates French and especially the part where she
    had to write something herself was a desaster.

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have a girl doing junior cert, she's smart and has a good memory so read over notes the night before mock exams, result was mostly B's and C's with a couple of D's, and it scared her into studying for the JC.
    We sat down and agreed some study time.
    I will be removing the internet until after 8pm, and for 3 hours at the weekend, she has agreed to study these times. Over easter, she agreed one day study sessions before lunch and after, then one day off for friends.
    We have the added pressure of deciding on TY or 5th year (she went for 5th year, I agreed as she knows what she wants to do and could tell me what she needs for each of 4 colleges she is thinking of applying to) and choosing subjects. Now thats sorted its study from now on.
    I really hope the incentives of friends, days off and activities, only if the study is done will improve habits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So far this week we had two days with no internet, and guess what, it worked!
    She not only did the study, but also cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor, along with a couple of other jobs. (voluntary, i did not ask)
    The day off, when she had internet, nothing was done.
    So plan is going full steam ahead, internet time will be earned by study and house work, if homework isn't done, no internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 kneeler

I find the best thing is to have special study clothes. Once they are on nothing else but study can be done. permission has to be sought to change out of them and it must be shown that the study has been done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement