Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundation for v pale skin?

• 13-03-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

hey there,

I feel i'm constantly trying new foundations from boots but they all seem to still be a bit dark on meespecially on the neckline.

I love rimmel foundation & I have lasting finish 25hr & match perfection- both in ivory 100. They are palest i've found so far & perfect in coverage etc but just that tiny bit too dark for me.

I wanted to try their 'wake me up' foundation but the palest is ivory again.I have dark red hair & pretty much porcelain skin.

Anyone recommend a brand or a rimmel foundation they know have a lighter shade?

thanks

PS is anyone watches coronation street i'm looking for a similar shade to what Kylie wears!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

MAc have new shades out that are supposedly aimd at the irish market because we are so pale!

The new shades are NC & NW 13 and NC & NW 10. Previously NC & NW 15 was the lightest you could get.

there's a review here http://beaut.ie/blog/2013/snow-white-beauties-rejoice-mac-roll-out-new-foundation-shades-for-the-paler-than-pale/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

If you are looking for chemist brands the lightest I have found is MaxFactor Experience foundation. It comes in some really light shades. My friend has pure white skin and she uses it. Here's a link to a beaut article on it. :)

http://beaut.ie/blog/2010/max-factor-xperience-weightless-foundation-review-swatch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yup that Max Factor one is very very pale I had it! Revlon do decent pale shades but NYC's lightest shade in their All Day Long foundation is a really great pale budget buy!

Here's a review from a lovely blog - http://www.strawberryblondebeauty.com/2013/02/3-foundations-for-pale-skins-pur.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I was shopping recently and saw Match Perfection in 010 which is Light Ivory I think, It is very pale, I found it was similar to colourstay in Ivory, could be worth having a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I was going to suggest NYC also ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

Thanks everyone for the replies! good few options there to try out! wish me luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paeru

Just one quick vote for GOSH cosmetics! Absolutely saved my life when I thought I was going to permanently have an orange face. They used to have GOSH in A wear, but I order them online now. I use X-Ceptional Wear foundation in Porcelain, it's €14 for a bottle and lasts a good amount of time. I also use the associated pressed powder.

They're doing a 10% off at the moment online! www.gosh.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I used to use Loreal true match when I was really pale. They do 3 different types of ivory.
    Soap and glory do a shade called fairest of them all, I think :pac:. It seemed nice, but I only tried it in the shop so can't say much about it.
    You could also try Dainty Doll, I've been meaning to try it, I know they do really pale shades but don't know much else.
    Also Barry M do a white foundation which is good for mixing with other foundations you probably have that are a lil too dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Makeup Forever in Pink is the closest match I've ever gotten. You're a redhead like me so probably have the pink undertones that it suits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW10 is super pale but ALWAYS sold out and I'm dying to try it!!

I must pick up one of the above mentioned foundations to tide me over til it's back in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I've been using Dainty Doll for a while now and I love it. I use Medium which is like number 3 out of 4 shades and I'm pretty pale so that shows how pale they go! I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. I am a total convert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been using Dainty Doll for a while now and I love it. I use Medium which is like number 3 out of 4 shades and I'm pretty pale so that shows how pale they go! I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. I am a total convert!

Where can you get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I got it in Boots in Belfast but I just bought a couple more on amazon. I think they were only about 4 euro and they are perfect! Had to get them shipped to Parcel Motel though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I bought a load of the Dainty Doll stuff from Amazon too from onlinemakeupstore The liquid foundation in medium is out of stock now (I bought 4, it is pale enough for me and slightly paler than other foundations I use) but they have the powder foundation, liquid foundation in dark and other dainty doll stuff for great prices. Delivery is a flat £3.50 to Ireland. Make sure that you add the product from onlinemakeupstore to your basket and not from any other seller as many won't deliver here and the flat rate of £3.50 is obviously only from stuff from them!

Also a limited range is available from fragrancedirect but postage is very steep to here.

Advertisement