Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks Day

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Reekwind wrote: »
    There is a slightly masochistic element to this, yes. But occasionally it's good to take a break from discussing Chekhov and Satre and just have an eventful night out. My inner culchie demands it

Well it's fairly easy and quick to get to Stockwell on the tube from Balham. We could combine the cinema night I proposed in the other thread and and the swan. Movie and food for a couple of hours.. Couple of drinks in Balham and then 3 stops on the tube and hey presto you are at the swan.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

the swan was an experience to say the least. i played there on the sat night of the weekend. place was jointed, not a spot for a few sociables on a sat night i'd imagine. great fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

There is more people up for going to the Swan than those against.

I read a review of it that said:
    "the people who come stumbling out of there are usually smiling and laughing (if they're not being sick)". If you ignore the getting sick part, it sounds great!

I'm defo up for going!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

biZrb wrote: »
    There is more people up for going to the Swan than those against.

I read a review of it that said:
    "the people who come stumbling out of there are usually smiling and laughing (if they're not being sick)". If you ignore the getting sick part, it sounds great!

I'm defo up for going!

All you're doing is shining a spotlight on the major failing with democracy as a form of vomit-frosted governance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

so, how many of the people who are against it, have actually stepped inside it?
    or are ye adhering to the myths of the place? like the same people in the oz forums that stay away from bondi on Christmas day in case they would run in to someone wearing a GAA jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

From my side, I'm not really interested in going somewhere which only gets lively at 1am. I'm too old for that messing.

enda1 wrote: »
    From my side, I'm not really interested in going somewhere which only gets lively at 1am. I'm too old for that messing.

as i said above, it's not a place for beers, it's for anyone who wants a late night after the ould ones have gone home :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

or are ye adhering to the myths of the place? like the same people in the oz forums that stay away from bondi on Christmas day in case they would run in to someone wearing a GAA jersey?

I take it you've tried speed, heroin and bath salts just to make sure that they really didn't suit your lifestyle before dismissing them as a bad idea so :P

(It's probably worth noting that there's no Official Licence To Organise Beers granted exclusively to mods or anything; I've personally got no interest in going to the Swan but there's nothing to stop anyone organising a meetup there. There certainly seems to be a fair bit of interest in it judging from this thread.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Back in the 90s and early 2000's I visited it on occasion. I wasn't overly impressed, couldn't see what the fuss was.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

The Swan in the summertime is always an eye opener, it's nighttime when you go in and daylight when you leave :D

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote: »
    I take it you've tried speed, heroin and bath salts just to make sure that they really didn't suit your lifestyle before dismissing them as a bad idea so :P

(It's probably worth noting that there's no Official Licence To Organise Beers granted exclusively to mods or anything; I've personally got no interest in going to the Swan but there's nothing to stop anyone organising a meetup there. There certainly seems to be a fair bit of interest in it judging from this thread.)

ah for feck sake, you can't compare a community and soul destroying lifestyle with class a drugs!

ah for feck sake, you can't compare a community and soul destroying lifestyle with class a drugs!

I can and will :P

Edited to add:

Oh god MY EYES! I just made the mistake of looking at the website. Definitely has the look of somewhere I would, er, not appreciate. (Do they play the national anthem at the end of the night?)

Looks like they stay open past 4am on a Friday or Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

what time does this place close at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

what time does this place close at

When the last person leaves! I think its usually around 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Jesus, it looks like a southern version of The Claddagh Ring or The Quays. No thanks!

(or possibly if I'm mouldy beyond belief)

Advertisement