Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm problem

Options
  • 13-03-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm system installed approximately 15 months ago. No problems since installation apart from replacing the battery in the SAAB outside. The alarm system consists of 21 window and door sensors and 2 PIR's.

Scenario is as follows

I arm the alarm and leave the house. Later that day i get the text message / phone call from the HKC saying that the alarm has been triggered in Zone 12. This has happened off and on over the last 3 weeks. It also happens at night when we have the external sensors on and the PIR's off.

The alarm company are looking for a callout charge but before I call in the professionals I was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing the problem and if it could be something that I could look at fixing? I have looked at the sensor and it seems to be fitted the same as the rest, the window blind doesn't seem to be interfering with it, there's nothing close to it that could be setting it off and there doesn't seem to be anything outside the window that could be causing it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

If you know for sure which sensor is zone 12 and you can't see anything obvious wrong with it then the first thing to do is replace it and see what happens. Now since it is only 15 months since you had the thing installed they should go easy on you if you get them to do it. If that was me I wouldn't charge someone for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A few things first.
    Did you have to pay for the sab issues.?
    You should not have got a Securewatch for a system installed so recently.
    You should have got the newer Securewave.
    There should not be a problem with the Sab battery so soon either.
    After that I would not be asking for a call out charge after being out so recently.
    What is zone 12 & how many devices are on that zone?
    Do you have the use of a multimeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm system installed approximately 15 months ago. No problems since installation apart from replacing the battery in the SAAB outside. The alarm system consists of 21 window and door sensors and 2 PIR's.

Scenario is as follows

I arm the alarm and leave the house. Later that day i get the text message / phone call from the HKC saying that the alarm has been triggered in Zone 12. This has happened off and on over the last 3 weeks. It also happens at night when we have the external sensors on and the PIR's off.

The alarm company are looking for a callout charge but before I call in the professionals I was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing the problem and if it could be something that I could look at fixing? I have looked at the sensor and it seems to be fitted the same as the rest, the window blind doesn't seem to be interfering with it, there's nothing close to it that could be setting it off and there doesn't seem to be anything outside the window that could be causing it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Sounds more than likely its a Securewave than a Securewatch.
    Is the system wired or wirefree?
    First thing to do is make sure the sensor head is pointing up. There is an arrow on the sensor head.
    This must point upwards, The amount of times I have come across heads not fitted correctly.
    If the sensor is wired, check the wiring is not loose.
    If the sensor is wire free, check the battery condition.

Advertisement