Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle of Water - Putrid-Advice

Options
  • 13-03-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

My Other half bought a bottle 750ml of water in a well know chain yesterday. Own Brand water.

She is 36 weeks pregnant and still working so needs water frequently.

She took the bottle to work as normal, opened it and took a mouthful directly from the bottle with a sports cap and got a very bad taste off it but she put it down to her only after taking an iron tablet that morning which was repeating on her.

Took some more of the water some time later and the taste and was far worse and there was also a smell from it.

She rang me immediately thinking maybe there was something in the water worried as she is pregnant after all. I told her to bring home the bottle with her last night and I would inspect it in the mean time make an appointment with the doctor.

When I got home last night I looked at the water before I opened it and it was cloudy/milky not clear like normal bottled water. I unscrewed the cap to get a smell of it and it was absolutely putrid. A smell that could be described as a faded stink bomb smell. It really was horrendous.

She brought the bottle back to the store this morning and they wanted to keep it to send if off for testing. They were understandably apologetic but that was it.

They wanted to keep the bottle and send it off for testing which was going to take 3 months.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Who should cover the Doctor expenses.
    2. Should I keep a sample myself and have it independantly analysed, who should pay for it.
    3. Is there anything else we should do regarding the whole thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The FASI do food testing, they are independent.

Keep some water if possible. Put it in a sterilised bottle.

3 months is madness as its probably only going to a place in Ireland or at the furthest the UK.

The shop is unlikely to cover anything other than you time in bringing the item to you, ie €20 voucher max. They might see anything further as an admission of guilt.

If you feel you require further compensation etc, you need a solicitor.

Advertisement