Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan

Options
  • 13-03-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello, I am currently doing a 4 year degree course and im in 2nd year, I was hoping to borrow around 5000. I am currently working partime aswell as college, all in my income is over 1000 a month. Basically i was wondering would I be eligible for a student loan with my income? and is it only for fees that a loan can be taken? 
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You might want to specify what the money is for - such as an asset, like a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jamiemaguire

smcgiff wrote: »
    You might want to specify what the money is for - such as an asset, like a car?
    mainly for college equipment and supplies (not for fees) and a holiday, well not so much a holiday a trip that will aid my learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was told that 1500 was the limit of student loans with bank of ireland. I did manage to secure a higher one, I work part time and had a guarantor. 5000 might be too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi jamiemaguire.

To apply for a student loan, you will need to contact the Personal Lending Advisor in your local bank branch as all loans are assessed on a case by case basis and unfortunately we wouldn't be able to provide you with a definite answer here. The Lending Advisor will be happy to process the application for you.

Best of luck with the application.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement