Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Mary's & St Micheal's Community Gardens

Options
  • 13-03-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi I am wondering could somebody help me please with directions to these 2 community gardens, not sure where they are? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'm guessing it's St Michael's Family Life centre you are looking for?

If it is, its at the end of Wolfe Tone Street, (the other end away from the bus stop).

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Kettleson wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's St Michael's Family Life centre you are looking for?

If it is, its at the end of Wolfe Tone Street, (the other end away from the bus stop).
    Thanks kettleson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

err..not sure now....is it the organic gardening? On the website it mentions a "St Mary's Community garden in Sligo" and gives a contact email address for further info: St Mary's is up in Ballydoogan near the Mitchel Curley Park...apolgies if I'm confusing the matter...

"An exciting new project linking community food gardens in the North West of Ireland to gardens in the rest of the world: Global Gardening sessions at the following locations: Sligo IT garden, St.Mary's community garden, Ballintrillick Community garden. Global Cuisine night at The Organic Centre Thursday 11th October 7-9pm. Guest speakers, cinema evenings, web-based learning and lively debates during the Winter months (programme tbc). Funded by Irish AId and The Department of Foreign Affairs.More information from"

hans@theorganiccentre.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

St Michael's garden is on the grounds of St Michael's family life centre, at the end of Wolf Tone St. St Mary's garden is behind the big parochial house, on the road up to Summerhill coming from the Cathedral. The garden is locked behind a gate, I don't think you're supposed to go there unless you're a member of the garden. If you want info on becoming a part of it I suggest you contact the Family Life Centre.

Advertisement