Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISEB Foundation Software Testing.

Options
  • 13-03-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Could anyone give me some advice on this course, i wish to do it over the next couple of months. Ideally I would prepfer to self study as a three day course can cost over 1K.

Is the course difficult? Is it recommended to do a three day course? Where can I sit the exam only in Dublin?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i studied the book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Software-Testing-ISTQB-ISEB-Foundation-Guide/dp/1906124760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364479813&sr=8-1

i read through it a few times, got some sample questions and did the exam off my own back. it is pretty easy when you look back after doing the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Thanks for this. Who did you do the exam with? I dont really want to fork out a fortune on classes when the course is relatively straight forward.

it would have been Thomson Prometric... I did it in dublin city centre near the Jervis centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

You should try the Irish Software Testing Board, as they are the ISTQB authorized body in Ireland. They started running public exams for teh firdt time recently. Try info@istb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 david.carroll5

sorry for hijacking post but anyone know when the next exam is for software testing foundation level in Dublin? I emailed info@istb.ie and they came back initially saying maybe early June but have emailed them twice since (couple weeks later) looking for exact dates as need to know but no word back! only interested in doing exam not course. No phone number on that website either!

• Advertisement

its been mentioned already www.prometric.com and search for "ISEB". 8 places around Ireland do the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Conor Fitzgerald

Has anyone taken the advanced exams in a test center - was hoping to buy a self-study pack and do the advanced test manager exam.
    Prometric test centers in both the uk and ireland seem to only list the foundation and intermediate exams

I would pay a company who is doing the training course the €200 exam fee if they left me sit the exam on the last day of the course, may start to contact some of them over the coming days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

H2G2 wrote: »
    You should try the Irish Software Testing Board, as they are the ISTQB authorized body in Ireland. They started running public exams for teh firdt time recently. Try info@istb.ie

Are SQS not behind this? if so, personally i would avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tunde00

pls can anyone put me through ,because am interested in doing a software testing exam and would prefer self learning so would anyone recommend the best bok to study with or any good link i can study with type of question that might be ask in the exam,thanks

Advertisement