Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im doing physics and chemistry can I do physics with chemistry?

• 13-03-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

And if so is there any benefit at all?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No you can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    And if so is there any benefit at all?

I don't think so, now while I'm open to correction on this, but as far as I know it's the only combination of subjects you can't do together. Having said that anyway even still most universities if they forexample stipulate 2 lab sciences for a course it can't be physics or chemistry and physics with chemistry.

At the end of the day it's sort of like saying you're really good at home ec so you want to do the exam twice so you can get 200 points rather than 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

I don't think so, now while I'm open to correction on this, but as far as I know it's the only combination of subjects you can't do together. Having said that anyway even still most universities if they forexample stipulate 2 lab sciences for a course it can't be physics or chemistry and physics with chemistry.

At the end of the day it's sort of like saying you're really good at home ec so you want to do the exam twice so you can get 200 points rather than 100.
    Ya I thought that aswell. I have a leaflet here from ul that says physics, chemistry and physics and chemistry count as two subjects so I thought mabye I would have been able to do all three and count my two best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I'm just curious why would someone do the physics and chemistry subject . You could get more points by doing them separately .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I'm just curious why would someone do the physics and chemistry subject . You could get more points by doing them separately .
    It's for small schools who don't have enough students for there to be adequate demand to run both. It will also cover both in a lot less detail, so the work required for it is less than the work required to do both as single subjects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It's for small schools who don't have enough students for there to be adequate demand to run both. It will also cover both in a lot less detail, so the work required for it is less than the work required to do both as single subjects.
    I know what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

EoghanIRL wrote: »

It's really easy.

Advertisement