Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backdated pay - Not signing on?

• 13-03-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭

I came back from Canada in January, was there 6 months, I only went to my social welfare office to sign on early March as I'd a few interviews in January that I taught I'd be offered a job in. I didn't get them and used savings to live off till March when I decided to sign on.

Is it possible to claim backdated pay from January when I was back in the country, or is it my old fault for not signing on immediately?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You could ask them, but they are not obliged to pay beyond your application date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

I will do, I was just hoping to hear if anyone else was in the same position.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056899353

The two of you appear to be in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

mp22 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056899353

The two of you appear to be in the same boat.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭schmanga

you have already signed on? but not had your claim awarded yet? send in letter addressed to deciding officer asking claim to be backdated, stating your reasons. if you had copies of tickets would help, a copy/email printout of ANY job application/cv submission you made in ireland between the time you came back and made the claim and you'd get it for sure. . they may/may not backdate it. if you don't ask you definitely won't get it. FYI on the 2nd last page of the application form there is a question about backdating. THIS is THE place to give that information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I don't think the will backpay you from when you returned, they will only pay you from the date you signed on, You can always ask though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you confirm that you were available, fit and looking for work during that period you will most likely get it back dated. You will need to show proof of travel and request the back dating in writing.

Advertisement