Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing moderator from england

Options
  • 13-03-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

hi lads just wondering how do you go about it? im looking at buying one of the third eye tactical mods have the scope mounts and their excellent quality

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Got an 'S' on your licence? If ya do just go ahead and order it if they will ship it

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

aaakev wrote: »
    Got an 'S' on your licence? If ya do just go ahead and order it if they will ship it

Good luck with that & customs.......................all sales of moderators in the UK are face to face or through RFD's only. And an Irish gun licence with an S on it is as valid and usefull to them as a used stamp.
    RFD transfer will cost you £25/30 notes exta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

If you have the Magic S on your licence, then apply for an Import Licence from the DoJ, and order one in directly from Evo Leisure (Third Eye) european agents, Osprey Rifles http://www.ospreyrifles.com/index.php/shop-at-osprey-rifles/evo-leisure-products

Once you've got your paperwork in order, no reason it can't be legitimately shipped directly to yourself. If you need to go via RFD-RFD then find one who will do it for minimal/nominal charge, if you're organising and paying for the paperwork and shipping.

Hope that helps.

(If you've no S on your licence, don't bother. Likewise don't even think of importing a moddie without the DoJ import licence. You probably won't recieve the moddie and you'll bring down a world of hurt trying to import what is technically a firearm without permission)

dCorbus wrote: »
    no reason it can't be legitimately shipped directly to yourself

apart from the fact you additionally need a UK export licence too
    https://www.gov.uk/firearms-and-export-control-forms#what-firearms-are-subject-to-export-controls

Nope. *You* don't need the export licence - the RFD in the UK does. And I'd be pretty sure Osprey Rifles may have such a thing. It's not rocket science - just paperwork :)

To the OP: if you want one, and have the proper magic s, then ask the European distributor if they'll ship one here. That's the only way you'll find out for sure.

• Advertisement

dCorbus wrote: »
    Nope. *You* don't need the export licence - the RFD in the UK does. And I'd be pretty sure Osprey Rifles may have such a thing. It's not rocket science - just paperwork :)

To the OP: if you want one, and have the proper magic s, then ask the European distributor if they'll ship one here. That's the only way you'll find out for sure.

Very good you obivously an firearms import export expert & do you think Osprey are going to precure a export licence for 1 moddy for you for nought?

And why the contradiction? you qualified your reply in saying IF YOU GO RFD............................so why do you not need to get an export licence if you are trying to export personally then?

your post said - "no reason it can't be legitimately shipped directly to yourself. If you need to go via RFD-RFD then find one who will do it for minimal/nominal charge, if you're organising and paying for the paperwork and shipping"

FYI firearms licences are country specific & not border transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

i spoke with them today and they said i need to contact their ireland dealer(doms customs rifles) as the part is deemed a controlled part

Chesapeake wrote: »

Very good you obivously an firearms import export expert & do you think Osprey are going to precure a export licence for 1 moddy for you for nought?

And why the contradiction? you qualified your reply in saying IF YOU GO RFD............................so why do you not need to get an export licence if you are trying to export personally then?

your post said - "no reason it can't be legitimately shipped directly to yourself. If you need to go via RFD-RFD then find one who will do it for minimal/nominal charge, if you're organising and paying for the paperwork and shipping"

FYI firearms licences are country specific & not border transferable.

No. Not a firearms import export expert - Didn't say I was. I made some reasonable suggestions to the OP of how he might go about doing this, or at least going to the horses-mouth to find out if/how it might be done.

Do you think that the european and worldwide distributors for the moddie he's asking about MAY actually have an OGIL in place already? Maybe they do, maybe they don't - but as I suggested above, the OP should check that out with the distributor themselves.

I see no contradiction in anything I've written: some lads prefer to go RFD-to-RFD for transactions, and equally some suppliers prefer to go that route too for various reasons - but it is not necessarily the ONLY legitimate route.

As for your statement about firearms licences being 'country specific' - not sure what relevance that has to the OP's query - but I am aware of that, hence my mention of his obtaining an Import Licence. But still not too sure what your point was.

Look, I've given my advice. I'm not expert, but I can read and I've done a few imports in my time. I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

i spoke with them today and they said i need to contact their ireland dealer(doms customs rifles) as the part is deemed a controlled part

Easier for you, Domnic Byrne is a good guy to deal with.

Give him a shout and he would order it in for you.

+1

Both Dom (Byrne ;) ) and Stuart in Osprey are great to deal with. They'll both do their best to get you sorted.

Glad to hear you got the answers you needed. And hope it goes well. Keep us posted on how you get on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement