Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement/upgraded Ear Noise Makers

• 13-03-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Between earbuds, earphones, earpods, I can't figure out what they should be called! It makes me feel old! I'm only 27!!!!

I'm looking to replace my crappy Apple earphones. I would like to keep the mic/remote setup. I am aware of earPods for 35 delivered from Apple Store.

Are there any legitimate, genuine, cheaper alternatives that aren't awful I]insert low cost manufacturing country[/I rubbish??

Thank you apple lovers of boards.ie!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I use the earpods which come with the iPhone5 and the sound is very low on them, I definitely wouldn't pay €35 for them, my old apple headphones from my previous phone are better
    I'd be inclined to spend more on something like these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I use the earpods which come with the iPhone5 and the sound is very low on them, I definitely wouldn't pay €35 for them, my old apple headphones from my previous phone are better
    I'd be inclined to spend more on something like these
    Really? I got an iphone 5 a few days ago and just tried the earpods today and thought the sound from them was brilliant and very good bass as well. I have a pair of Sennheisser I think, got them in hmv for around €55 but the earpods are much richer sound

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

The latest "ear pods" are streets ahead of the older ones, I bought some there recently. You can buy them for €29 in compu B if you want to save €6, they are the very same ones that are on the apple store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I found they were good at home but out an about around town/on the bus the sound was a bit quiet, maybe that's just me old ears though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hey, OP, dunno if these are any good, but they might be worth a look at?

http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/74308?utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20130421

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Prenderb wrote: »
    Hey, OP, dunno if these are any good, but they might be worth a look at?

http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/74308?utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20130421
    i bought a set the same as those from a seller on adverts for €9.99 and the sound was awful from them. Really flat

Advertisement