If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phono Pre Amp to pair with old Dual Turntable?

Options
  • 13-03-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, 

I recently purchased a second hand Dual CS 515 Turntable. I think I need to put something between this and the amp—a phono preamp? Anyway, I was wondering if you had any suggestions, and could give me the price for delivery to Dublin? 

Also, currently, I am running this through an old Denon hifi amp(DM-7). Would it be (substantially) worth it to upgrade my amp, and could you give me a few options/prices on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, 

I recently purchased a second hand Dual CS 515 Turntable. I think I need to put something between this and the amp—a phono preamp? Anyway, I was wondering if you had any suggestions, and could give me the price for delivery to Dublin? 

Also, currently, I am running this through an old Denon hifi amp(DM-7). Would it be (substantially) worth it to upgrade my amp, and could you give me a few options/prices on this?

Thanks

Hi Eoghanhickey,

Thanks for getting in touch.  

I can't find an awful lot of info on your Denon amp online.  Most Denon HiFi amps these days come with preamps built in for turntables.  Was just going to double check yours to make sure it didn't have one.  If it has a phono input on the back then you might be in luck.

Our most popular preamp would be the Cambridge Audio 551p currently priced at £69.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/cambridge-audio/azur-551p/camb-551p-blk

We've got a very good offer on a brand new Denon amp.  It's the PMA720 currently priced at £199.95 (these are still going for £349.95 in some places!) 

This is a fantastic sound amp.  50W per channel and has a preamp built in so you can connect your turntable straight in.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=HiFiComponents&SubId=Amplifiers&ProductId=PMA720AE

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 43 eoghanhickey

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for getting back so quick. I’d be interested in the PMA720. I’d like to de clutter the desk a little. How much all in (with necessary bits like cable) for shipping to Dublin?

Thanks,
    Eoghan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for getting back so quick. I’d be interested in the PMA720. I’d like to de clutter the desk a little. How much all in (with necessary bits like cable) for shipping to Dublin?

Thanks,
    Eoghan

Hi Eoghan,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

The amp isn't too much of a beast so would be good for trying to free up space.

I'm assuming the turntable came with a phono cable?  If so then you're pretty much good to go.  You could use exisiting speaker cable.  Or if you wanted new cabling we have speaker cable starting from 99p per meter :)

For the amp and delivery to Dublin you'd be looking at £212.94.

Got the amp in stock and ready to go.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.