Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Comparison.

• 13-03-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Has anyone studies "Never Let Me Go", "Blade Runner" and "1984"? I kind of want to do them myself because I don't like the three we are doing in school and was wondering if it would be possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I have never done them before so sorry i can't help but i would be a little anxious doing my own 3 texts, i know i don't know your standard of english but unless your teacher is really bad or something i would follow with the class and get the notes , i think it would be so diffcult to do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Is blade runner anything to do with oscar pistorius/paralympics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

podz wrote: »
    Has anyone studies "Never Let Me Go", "Blade Runner" and "1984"? I kind of want to do them myself because I don't like the three we are doing in school and was wondering if it would be possible.
    While as single texts, each of these might be more interesting that the three chosen by your teacher, it is still advisable to follow their advice. They generally pick books with the same common themes and/or settings, which make the questions on them much easier to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

I've read them all except Blade Runner, when It comes to the Comparative though just listen to your teacher. It's the leaving cert, you just want to do well, it's not meant to be out of enjoyment unfortunately. Although if you want you could study one as the single text by yourself, that's easily manageable, but Macbeth is so much fun.

Advertisement