Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How soon before i get cut off?

Options
  • 13-03-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My account is in arrears as i lost my job 2 weeks ago. I received a letter yesterday asking for 300 security deposit on top of 300+ of my bill. I spoke to customer care today and was advised to go to my bank and re-submit my details so I can begin making repayments ....but im still afraid i may be cut off before i make 1st payment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there,

Disconnection is a very last resort - once you keep in contact with us and make as much payment as you can, that is the best you can do, given the circumstances you are in at the moment.

A security deposit is automatically applied to an account if a direct debit does not go through. Paying by direct debit is the alternative to paying a security deposit. Once the direct debit is re-activated, the security deposit charge is removed. When your direct debit is re-activated, we can set up an instalment plan for you no problem. Just contact us to advise what day of the week is best for you to make a payment (as it is important that each instalment be paid on or before this day).

If you can make any manual payment in sufficient time before a direct debit payment is taken (in order to avoid payment cross-over) we would recommend you do so, in order to start reducing the total balance.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement