Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refilling ready-to-go e-cigs?

Options
  • 13-03-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few vids around demonstrating how to pop the 'butt' end of the cartridge/cartomizer on the likes of a smokegreen e-cig, and refill it with your juice of choice. Has anyone tried this?

I have an Ego kit on the way, and I'm planning to ditch the cartridge e-cigs, but since I'll still have some there, and the batteries, that I paid for - and have some bottles of juice incoming ... would be a nice, more pocketable way to keep vaping while out and about, and to have some at the ready at all times.

Good/bad idea? Apparently those little cartridges can hold a fair amount of juice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Good idea. Most cartridges are refillable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa8V3PgSo7w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Even better that you can attach it to the other vape devices. Betting the smokegreen one wont fit, they seem to have their own type of fitting so you can't use their gear with others.

That's correct. All of those brands have their own proprietary fittings. Pain in the ass.

From now on make sure to buy ones that have a standard 510 fitting. In that video everything that has a 510 connection. Everything basically that you buy in the ecig world has a 510 connection.

There's a whole list of Irish ecig vendors in the stickies at the top of this forum that sell proper ecig stuff with 510 connections.

Most of the people in here started on something like the smokegreen kit (myself included) but soon realised you can buy much cheaper devices, cartridges, refills, eliquid, etc with standard fittings.

Most people on here would recommend what's called a "eGo" battery as they have more battery life than the smaller "510" batteries that come with the smokegreen kits etc.

510 batteries are okay, especially if you have a Portable Charger Case for them like this
    http://img.alibaba.com/photo/618553246/Innokin_hot_selling_electronic_cigarette_new_model_AIO_PCC_e_cig.jpg
    Basically the case is a larger battery and will charge them while they're inside the case.
    This is the cheapest place I found that sells them so far
    http://www.vaperus.ie/vaping-kits/9-aio-noble-.html

A 510 battery has about 200mah of battery life and an eGo battery has about 650 mah so that's why lots of people use the eGo type batteries (the bigger battery in that video link I sent you on youtube above.)

Hope that helps ya. Good on ya for quitting the fags.

Cheers for the info. I have an Ego C 650 mah pack on order :) And ordered some extras like extra usb charger, extra battery and a bunch of juices to get me going.

I just like the idea of using these little e-cigs for on the move, as spares, for a journey or whatever. I'll give it a go once my liquids arrive, can't do any harm, as I will be done with the smokegreens then ;)

Cool man no problem. Look into an "eGo Twist" battery as well. They are really good. You twist the bottom of the battery to change the voltage or 'power' it gives from I think about 3.5 volts up to about 4.5 volts (roughly). On the bottom of the battery are little notches with the tiny numbers written on them, so you can tell what it's set too. Regular batteries I believe are fixed at 3.7 volts. So what this allows you to do, with the Twist, is give more power to the atomiser (ya know the thing inside the cartridge what creates the vapour.) This gives you more vapour and more throat hit. Oh yeahhh.

It's pretty cool. I have a couple of the really big big electronic cigarettes you might have seen or if not will definitely come across. They are called Variable Voltage Mods. http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/vaporgearhead/ProvariandMap.jpg
    They have a big 2200mah lithium ion battery in them. Basically they're essentially the same thing as a eGo Twist except they last a good couple of days of full vaping time without a charge.

Anyway, the point is, I have those big yokes (for home use mainly! haha) and I still really like my eGo Twist. I find the 510 and the regular eGo batterys (without the twist) aren't as good.

So I'd advice trying an eGo Twist at some stage. I think once you get one of those, that's basically all you really need.

But saying that an regular eGo battery is a big step up from the 510 in terms of battery life, you'll be well happy. That and being able to refill the cartomiser (cartridge yokes) with your own juice and you'll be stoked.

The wee 510 batteries are pretty fun alright. They just don't last that long. I wonder how long it will be until you switch completely to the eGo batteries :D Let me know in six months time okay! :) Good luck man. Post here if you have any more questions or issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

http://www.madvapes.com/10-ml-11mg-6315.html

should let you use the smokegreen batteries with standard 510 cartomizers

Cheers, I've ditched the idea of busting disposable carts open though now. I seen sense! After my Ego C arrived :) I forgot I had also ordered an LCD battery and a clear atomizer too, more than enough for me atm.

Awesome dude, enjoy!

Cheers :)

I've gone and ordered a V1P start up kit for the missus from jacvapour.com too. She likes to have the more real-cig size e-cigs. Have to get her away from the smokegreens at least!

This set here:

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/starter-kits/v1p-pcc-starter-kit-1024.html

Only in black/silver with blue LEDs and pink ones as the free extras :D she'll love that. The carts are refillable, you get a 5 pack pre-filed along with the pack to start, and ordered her some cherry liquid too.

And if she doesn't like it, I'll be having it as a more stealthy kit. Well, bar the pink LED tops!!

Cool you can get a portable charging case for it too http://jacvapour.com/all-products/accessories/v1p-pcc-portable-charging-case-681.html

I prefer a 510 charging case for while I'm out, as I'd go through a couple of 510 batteries while out on the pints no bother. Charging case would get me through the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Cheers :)

I've gone and ordered a V1P start up kit for the missus from jacvapour.com too. She likes to have the more real-cig size e-cigs. Have to get her away from the smokegreens at least!

This set here:

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/starter-kits/v1p-pcc-starter-kit-1024.html

Only in black/silver with blue LEDs and pink ones as the free extras :D she'll love that. The carts are refillable, you get a 5 pack pre-filed along with the pack to start, and ordered her some cherry liquid too.

And if she doesn't like it, I'll be having it as a more stealthy kit. Well, bar the pink LED tops!!

Get a 5 pack of their Vanilla carts, they are bloody lovely

Do they have it in bottle liquid? Better to get that as I threw 5 blanks into the order too. And I can use it in my own Ego :) Also got the PCC ;)

Advertisement