Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Question

Options
  • 13-03-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been paying a small amount weekly into my BOI executive pension since 2006 and in 2009 I asked BOI to invest my funds in savings only not investments etc as I was wary of the markets, but I'm now thinking of switching back to savings & investments,

should I hold tight or take the risk.... not sure if its even worth the rewards... at the minute I'm saving what I pay in minus fees etc,

I'm in my mid thirties and I'm not talking about a huge amount of money...

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask BOI. You are paying them after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

kop77 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been paying a small amount weekly into my BOI executive pension since 2006 and in 2009 I asked BOI to invest my funds in savings only not investments etc as I was wary of the markets, but I'm now thinking of switching back to savings & investments,

should I hold tight or take the risk.... not sure if its even worth the rewards... at the minute I'm saving what I pay in minus fees etc,

I'm in my mid thirties and I'm not talking about a huge amount of money...

thanks

What do you mean by savings?? Did you go into Cash???? How is it performing now. Some are performing negatively.
    If you want to go back into equities, you should have done it 2 years ago.
    Obviously, you took at hit when coming out in 2009.
    Ask them what funds are available. Have a look at each of the past performance and risk profile. It would be better to invest in a range of fund to spread the risk.

As a warning, past fund performance cannot be used as an indication to future fund performance. Ah, the caveats!!!!!!

Advertisement