Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern(3) Vs Arsenal(1) CL Last 16 2nd Leg Match Thread

• 13-03-2013 6:23pm

5955012863_9ec367a7ab_z.jpg

With Arsenal sending out a team last seen on a game of "Guess Who" this match has a huge whiff of dead rubber all over it.

Arsenal need 3 goals to go through and concede 0

Let's be honest, unless Bayern get a man sent off in the opening 10 minutes and Arsenal convert the penalty that he got sent off for in the first place, this game is as dead as dead can be.

Prediction

Bayern 4 Arsenal 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A lot of things annoy me about Arsenal at the moment but I don't mind getting knocked out by Bayern: a class outfit that approach the game in the right way.

Here's hoping for a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I heard through the grapevine Walcott and Cazorla are to be rested, is this confirmed?

Makes no sense to me, resting players in a match to get into the quarters of the Champions League in order to increase your chances of getting into the qualifiers stages for next season. This is the biggest stage in club football, why not go all out for one game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then Wenger reckons saving his best for a run at the Top 4 is more likely to yield CL football than attacking this game as a rousing Cup final, and then trying to do his best for the rest of the season? I only mention this as the next 2 games are against Swansea and Reading (a match played on March 30th). Pathetic.

mike65 wrote: »
    So then Wenger reckons saving his best for a run at the Top 4 is more likely to yield CL football than attacking this game as a rousing Cup final, and then trying to do his best for the rest of the season? I only mention this as the next 2 games are against Swansea and Reading (a match played on March 30th). Pathetic.

Perhaps you should wait to see the team sheet. They've had 10 days off already.

Signals have already been sent, I don't think the A team will be starting. (that or Wenger has suddenly decided to try his hand at bluffing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Bayern conceded 2 at the weekend, so you never know. Although Bayern also scored 3 so maybe we do know.

should be a very good game. Would love to see Arsenal score first and early to see how Bayern react. Giroud will have a big say tonight if he plays.

Can see both teams scoring. 2-2.

Signals have already been sent, I don't think the A team will be starting. (that or Wenger has suddenly decided to try his hand at bluffing)

We'll have to see what happens injuries aside. I understand Wilshire, Pod and Sagna can't play.

Bringing Kos into the first team is long overdue as long as it's Verm that's dropped. Dropping Scz makes a fair bit of sense too.

I'd be really surprised if Walcott and Cazorla were rested though. Surely Wenger understands that at this stage the team need confidence more than anything(apart from a Dmf). Sending a second string to get hammered will not be productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Not a fan of Arsenal but would love to see an early Arsenal goal tonight and maybe a 2-1 Arsenal lead at half time see what Bayern are made of then, they've bottled it on a couple of occasions in recent years. Doubt it will happen though as in fairness to Bayern's board room they addressed the shortfalls of last couple of season's with the addition of a quality keeper and striker but still a couple of lingering doubts over them for me.

Mind you I still think its almost impossible for Arsenal to turn this tie around I just want to watch something entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lets wait until we see the team sheets before you start throwing 'pathetic' around..

Arsenal Team: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud

Subs: Mannone, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Diaby, Gervinho, Coquelin

Bayern Munich: Neuer – Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba – Martínez, Gustavo – Müller, Kroos, Robben – Mandzukić.

No-one really to come off the bench and win the game for Arsenal. I really think Walcott should be on the bench for these games and bring him on for the last 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arsenal: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud

Happy enough with that team considering

Arsenal Team: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud

Subs: Mannone, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Diaby, Gervinho, Coquelin

Bayern Munich: Neuer – Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba – Martínez, Gustavo – Müller, Kroos, Robben – Mandzukić.

As good as could be expected really. Shame that Sagna and Wilshire are out.

Kinda funny now everyone throwing their toys out of the pram about how the whole team was going to be rested etc. Really it's only Szczesny, and people have been moaning about him for weeks now.

Bayern Subs - Shaqiri Rafinha Pizarro Starke Contento Gómez Tymoshchuk

So Woj and TV have been dropped. Very understandable decisions really, Wenger will call it 'rested' but its obvious whats really happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Arsenal to win 12-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Would rather Walcott/Cazorla were rested for Ox/Gervinho but at least Gibbs is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Come on the Gunners.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Would rather Walcott/Cazorla were rested for Ox/Gervinho but at least Gibbs is back!

This is what i expect to happen

36119899.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Any chance of a prayer from the new pope. We could do with it

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Love jens!

You'd swear listening to sky that we'd lost 6-0 in the 1st leg. We were a Giroud chance away from drawing 2-2, whilst playing awful. Their 3rd was flukey as **** too. I'm not saying we will go through but the crap they're coming out with about 'taking a 0-0 right now' is absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great start. Problem reaching the commentators on RTE2. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone having any of the 8/1 about Arsenal. I think it's worth a Tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

fck it, I predict a Christmas miracle - 3 nil gooners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I put a euro on Arsenal to qualify to the next round.
    14/1
    Bitches be crazy!:pac:

Get in! Come on the ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone having any of the 8/1 about Arsenal. I think it's worth a Tenner.

Barcelona did it last night, anything can happen.:pac:

• Advertisement

Get in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Thast the start they needed at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What...?

Jesus, that couldn't have looked much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Giroud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wow great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

great move by arsenal..game on!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

What a start.
    Sounds like Hamilton has had a heart attack. The second the goal went in, he shouted, then nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Carved open. Great goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jesus... You'd have to wonder now! I thought this tie was dead and buried. Long way to go yet, but still... Could be the start of something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That will ruffle their feathers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great start by Arsenal hopefully they can keep it up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Arsenal need to keep this up for 90 mins.

30 goals should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    I put a euro on Arsenal to qualify to the next round.
    14/1
    Bitches be crazy!:pac:

Should have stuck on a tenner

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Delighted as a neutral, keeps the tie interesting

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

flood gates opened could get embarrassing for bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

seems Ray must have tripped over cables bringing in the coffees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ooh, they've put on the radio commentary. It's like star trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Waits to hear Brian Kerr say "Schweinstoigher"

Arsenal need to bear in mind they need 3 goals, 3-0 and they win, 3-1 and it's a draw, so Bayern scoring one isn't a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ah great, Brian Kerr. Van Beautin :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement