Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern(3) Vs Arsenal(1) CL Last 16 2nd Leg Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arteta really jumped the shark there. Looks like that'll be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What a stupid decision from Arteta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Porto are out btw, Malaga living the dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

refs have all been shocking

When a player takes the ball to the corner ****ing go around him. Ugh. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Lots of Arsenal negativity going around I see. Have a fiver on them to win the tie tonight at 19/2.

Wahoo..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

recyclebin wrote: »
    how many fouls for Arteta???????????????

Clattered Muller, and got a free kick for it too. Should definitely be booked for persistence by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

2-0 in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Unlucky Arsenal, great effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great result tonight and proud to be a Gunner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Unlucky Arsenal....almost made an unbelievable come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bayern were very poor tonight , but didn't time waste and played a fair game, class act. They`ll need to up their game alot to get any furthur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arteta so wasteful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Love the commentator sticking the knife in. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Strange game of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The officials have been exceptionally poor. Should have been at least 4/5 minutes added on from time wasting and he blows up at 93 on the dot? Ball was in play for about 45 seconds of the 3 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah well. Fair fucks getting the win in Bayerns own ground. Happy with the defensive performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

good effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

John Giles is a bollocks. Hater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Hopefully Wenger has a moan, a well warranted and deserved one at the officials and a few choice players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Fair play lads

wenger you clown.. subs were needed 15 mins earlier

direct route was required, BM were dodgy..

scored in the 3rd minute
    got our first corner in the 87th minute
    and had no other shots on hte goal

Explain that Wenger .. now **** off to your stopover in Paris for a shag with the mistress

at least I had my money on at 8/1 for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that was a far better result than I expected after the first leg. Bayern were muck based on that game and I definitely don't see them winning this.

Hopefully this sets up a run now in the League for Arsenal and we secure a CL spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

(tonight) kroos and robben reminded me of those selfish pigs on your 5 a side or sunday team who self indulgently shoot from everywhere. id end up clattering one of them in the car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

nuxxx wrote: »
    Bayern were very poor tonight , but didn't time waste and played a fair game, class act. They`ll need to up their game alot to get any furthur

Sarcasm surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If anyone thinks this is the normal standard for Bayern...

They didn't need to up their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Great result Arsenal. So unlucky. BM got through by the skin of its teeth. So much for the experts on the RTE panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

John Giles is a bollocks. Hater.

Ah no, he's ok.

Dunphy - Bayern aren't a top team? There's a clown. now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

"Bayern are not a top team in a European sense" -Eamonn Dunphy 5 minutes ago, he really talks some nonsense

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fairly poor game of football, bar the small bit of excitment at the end.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Yeah they just needed to dive on the ball and waste time like complete children to ensure they got through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Bayern were poor tonight but I wouldn't judge their chances of winning the champions league on tonights performance. Bit like Barcelona in the first leg in Milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Well done lads, at least this will give us lots of confidence for the run in. I'm proud of Arsenal tonight.

Explain that Wenger .. now **** off to your stopover in Paris for a shag with the mistress

My favourite post of the night. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Yep, not a great game to judge them on considering they would have thought they were as good as true from the first leg, and missing a world class player from midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Proud of the team tonight. If we can put that effort into the last 10 games we can still nick 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

AdamD wrote: »
    The officials have been exceptionally poor. Should have been at least 4/5 minutes added on from time wasting and he blows up at 93 on the dot? Ball was in play for about 45 seconds of the 3 minutes.
    +1
    This is a massive pet-hate of mine. The injury time is a minimum as in all likelihood the ball will not stay in play for the full length of injury time so there will need to be more time added on. Yet again the referee controversially blows up early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got to see the last ten minutes of this. Fair play to Arsenal for putting it up to a team that have been dominant in everything they've played all season.

Just one thing that irked me was Arteta's fouls at the end. I thought an experienced player would have more sense than that.

Ribery a bench player. Get real dunphy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

eagle eye wrote: »
    Got to see the last ten minutes of this. Fair play to Arsenal for putting it up to a team that have been dominant in everything they've played all season.

Just one thing that irked me was Arteta's fouls at the end. I thought an experienced player would have more sense than that.

Arsenal mustered two shots on target all game resulting in goals, Bayern were equally as poor but in the first 20 mins of the second half they upped it abit

Was a really poor game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Eamonn Dunphy stop talking. Ribery a bench player and Martinez a donkey player. Clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ha! Dunphy just said Javi Martinez is a bit of a donkey!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Arsenal were poor, Bayern were dreadful. A better team would have knocked Bayern out tonight. Arsenal with far too many average players in their side has cost them this tie overall.

I wouldn't fancy Bayern Munich to win this competition. Barcelona, with greater experience, with more individual brilliance and a strong team ethic I would certainly fancy over Munich. I'd probably fancy Madrid against Munich too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Dunphy talking a sensational amount of bollocks tonight. Really outdone himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Pity Munich did not turn up, they nearly shot themselves in the foot tonight.

Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and Dortmund for the semifinals if they can avoid each other in the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

No chance, Kenny. Dunphy has lost it.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and Dortmund for the semifinals if they can avoid each other in the quarters.

Madrid V Barcelona
    Dortmund V Bayern

is the draw I'd like to see.

Would absolutely love to see Malaga go far in the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Kenny is very down on Arsenal and Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I want Drogba to bully the Bayern batty boys for Galatasary. They regularly bottle in the CL and I would love for Galatasary to be the team to show them up this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

That_Guy wrote: »
    Madrid V Barcelona
    Dortmund V Bayern

is the draw I'd like to see.

Would absolutely love to see Malaga go far in the competition.

Would prefer a bit of variety. Barca v Bayern, Madrid v Juve, PSG v Dortmund, Malaga v Galatasaray

Advertisement