Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern(3) Vs Arsenal(1) CL Last 16 2nd Leg Match Thread

123457»

Comments

Dunphy doesn't rate Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't believe that there's no teams left from THE GREATEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD EVER!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Jesus Christ, Dunphy, shut the fup up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I actually doubt he's even heard of him

Degag wrote: »
    I actually doubt he's even heard of him

What makes you say that? I imagine him sitting up til 2am streaming all the Brazilian league matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Neymar won't do anything outside Brazil or at national level. Great to watch going on fantastic runs but it is the Brazilian league after all. Well organised defensive tactics don't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That game may have set some sort of record for incompleted passes and general sh1tnes in a knockout tie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, not a great game to judge them on considering they would have thought they were as good as true from the first leg, and missing a world class player from midfield.

through that brother. through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dunphy spouting some serious drivel tonight. Even by his usual standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Dunphy talking a sensational amount of bollocks tonight. Really outdone himself.

Still the most entertaining person on telly. Hes so funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

inmyday wrote: »

People are laughing at him. Its not my idea of justifying a licence fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wow, nobody wants to give Arsenal any sort of credit tonight it seems.

Only team to keep a clean sheet in the Allianz arena this year in all competitions.

People are laughing at him. Its not my idea of justifying a licence fee

Us talking about him, is justifying him being a pundit. He is controversial, and very entertaining.
    And jsut because you laugh at him, doesnt mean everyone does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I want Drogba to bully the Bayern batty boys for Galatasary. They regularly bottle in the CL and I would love for Galatasary to be the team to show them up this year.

Galatasaray are the team I least want to win it. At least Malaga would be good fun because they're banned from next seasons but Galatasaray's 2 best players didn't even play in the group stages for them. It would be a triumph of throwing money at a problem coming good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Him or that prat on ITV2- chav appeal (Keith Lemon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Us talking about him, is justifying him being a pundit. He is controversial, and very entertaining.
    And jsut because you laugh at him, doesnt mean everyone does.
    Everyone does. And that's such a terrible argument. If RTE was broadcasting the YouTube videos of Big Joe Davy and the lads, we'd probably talk about it. We'd then avoid RTE like the plague for the rest of the year due to their low standards of broadcasting.

CSF wrote: »
    Everyone does.

Cause thats a great argument too.
    I like him, and actually like watching all sport on rte. So Im happy to pay my licence fee. I dont like all programmes on rte, so I wont watch them...

Sure even now, john and eamon debating is good watching. Better than any other punits, itv, sky, espn. Rte lads are better in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Dunphy spouting some serious drivel tonight. Even by his usual standards.

He really has , I'm struggling to come to terms with all the things he said tonight . He has left me thinking .

1). Has he lost the plot and needs the men in white coats
    2). Is he Drunk

I'll let my fellow boardsies decide .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dunphy has been himself tonight, Cunnigham though really has something up his hole about arsenal tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Bill?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Liam O wrote: »

Galatasaray are the team I least want to win it. At least Malaga would be good fun because they're banned from next seasons but Galatasaray's 2 best players didn't even play in the group stages for them. It would be a triumph of throwing money at a problem coming good.
    So your against teams buying players?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'd be so pissed at arteta if I was an arsenal fan, what was he at in the final few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Anyone saying that Arsenal played well tonight must have watched a totally different game to me. That Second Half was one of the sloppiest halves of football I've seen. Yes, they kept a clean sheet, but watching the game I would have said that's up to Munich's poor finishing rather than Arsenal's defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I'd be so pissed at arteta if I was an arsenal fan, what was he at in the final few minutes?

He seemed to be playing his own little game of seeing how many frees he could give away in stoppage time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

764dak wrote: »
    I thought that as soon as I saw it. Not sure about the intent from Martinez but it was extremely reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Anyone saying that Arsenal played well tonight must have watched a totally different game to me. That Second Half was one of the sloppiest halves of football I've seen. Yes, they kept a clean sheet, but watching the game I would have said that's up to Munich's poor finishing rather than Arsenal's defending.

Couldn't agree more, I thought it was Bayern's anxiety which helped us otherwise they could've scored another 3 tonite,

And What was Arteta thinking, giving away cheap fouls....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, not a great game to judge them on considering they would have thought they were as good as true from the first leg, and missing a world class player from midfield.
    Yeah, especially considering Arsenal had all of their best midfielders on the field as well. Actually....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Wow, nobody wants to give Arsenal any sort of credit tonight it seems.

Only team to keep a clean sheet in the Allianz arena this year in all competitions.

The only time they didn't need to score and could concede twice to win in the Allianz Arena this year as well to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

But they did and history records it so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

last night's performance, while brilliant, should also anger the fúck out of Arsenal fans.

the pressure's off, and you get that type of performance.

when the pressure's on, multiple times over the last 8 years, these types of performances completely disappear.

crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

SlickRic wrote: »
    last night's performance, while brilliant, should also anger the fúck out of Arsenal fans.

when the pressure's on, multiple times over the last 8 years, these types of performances completely disappear.

crazy.

Well use to it at this stage. Like last season, no pressure we're somewhere about 6th, then we go on a 10 ten game winning streak or something like that and get comfortably into 3rd, then realise it and fall over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In fairness lads, it was a good result, but not a great performance. Rosicky was shocking for most of it, Cazorla and Walcott well under par as well. Giroud worked hard as usual and I like him as a player, but should he really be the 1st choice striker in the club? When he got that knock in the 1st half who would we have brought on?? We defended well for the most part but Bayern were pretty complacent and were there for the taking.

It's definitely a chance that got away, but with the current squad could we have hoped to have got much further in the competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

crazy.

It was not brilliant at all. We scored 2 from about 4 chances. While playing poorly Bayern had 31 shots at goal.
    The defense was my highlight of the game. Pleased with them for once. God tackling and closing down and defended from deep for a change. Koscielney must stay instead of Verm.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

It was not brilliant at all. We scored 2 from about 4 chances. While playing poorly Bayern had 31 shots at goal.
    The defense was my highlight of the game. Pleased with them for once. God tackling and closing down and defended from deep for a change. Koscielney must stay instead of Verm.

I think Koscielney was brilliant last night, and I think he has been our best defender for last two years, Verminator has lost his confidence and needs a bit of rest for self-examination after those howlers at spurs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

crazy.

Not been smart or anything man, but there is no way on earth were we brilliant last night, far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Yeah Arsenal were shocking last night. The only surprising thing was how bad Bayern were. Missing a couple of key players but should still have enough quality there to string a few passes together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BM played very bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Arsenal will gain massively from the win last night, I can see them going on a long unbeaten run between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

But where has Neymar really delivered ?
    Watching him in the Olympics I didn't thnk he was anything special.
    Wolf Club wrote: »
    Yeah, especially considering Arsenal had all of their best midfielders on the field as well. Actually....

WTF.
    Wilshere the one trully class player at Arsenal was injured.

Should have gone to sepcsavers me thinks.

Arsenal were the best of two bad teams last night.
    And I can see a lot of Arsenal fans being very happy with good result against a team with very good track record and some very good players.

But lets be realistic Arsenal players aren't good enough and whereas we know Bayern can play a lot better, some of the Arsenal players really can't especially when it is put up to them.

The fact that Rosicky was even playing, when he is either totally non match sharp or having poor form, highlights the dearth of talent and how poor the squad is at Arsenal these days.

Ramsey is not quick enough and should only be a squad player.
    Arteta is not really that good and definitely should not be playing as the defensive midfielder.
    Cazorla didn't exactly look like someone who fits in with the rest of the Spanish team when it came to crisp passing moves.

Whilst on paper a good result and nice to have got one over on Bayern, it was not down to how good Arsenal were or are, but how poorly Bayern actually played.
    I bet Pep was realising he will have a lot of work to do to really make Bayern the kingpins of Europe like he did with Barca.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

From what I saw it was a game of sloppy passes and yellow cards (both teams).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Inept performance last night. Clueless. Hapless. Hopeless.

No, not Bayern or Arsenal - the analysis of Mr. Eamon Dunphy.

It was cringeworthy listening to that drivel last night. What's worse is you have people in this country who go on websites like The Guardian and scoff at British efforts to analyse games before holding up RTE like it's some beacon of hope and insight and sanity in a sea of mediocrity; in fact, the opposite is the case.

Jumped the shark, baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Have to agree that RTE's post match punditry was kack. Blaming Wenger for dropping the likes of (the woeful) Vermaelen? Pssh!
    http://www.krank.ie/category/opinions/why-wenger-was-absolutely-right-to-drop-key-players-against-bayern/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How is dunphys analysis not on YouTube yet? Don't think they out the game up on the rte player.

Advertisement