Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visonic powermax complete or powermaster 10/30

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Nah I'm just speculating. If someone was to do something like that they would be very good at it, very subtle and hard to spot but you can bet a big corporation would have people doing exactly that.
    Easier to spot than you think. Shilling posts are deleted daily on boards & shilling posters are banned on a daily basis as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thats the same argument the visonic rep uses, he comes out with "who cares about shocks anyway you Irish are the only ones who use them, if you acted like the rest of the world and used curtain pirs etc. then it wouldn't be an issue" I have thought about using curtain pirs which are easier to install and cheaper than alarming windows and are used by a competitor of mine where I operate who can undercut me it and I am still not willing to use them.
    Now think about it. Would you prefer the burglar to be already in your house before the alarm goes off or would you prefer the alarm to go off when the burglar starts to tamper with you window? If you are relying on pirs they have to be inside your house remember?
    If your answer is yes then the rest of the world is wrong and the Irish are right.

If they had there way we would all be using curtain PIRs. In ireland we protect our windows and doors and use PIRs as back up. For anyone to say this is wrong they are talking bull. Again cheaper options putting peoples property at risk to theft and damage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

2) can you tell me the EXACT number of visonic panels you have installed and repaired ? Hell what about Siemens and HKC systems .
    Hundreds to thousands over the past 20 + years.
    3) the main problems I've had with visonic systems are
    4)Batteries not lasting .
    5)Interference from other devices .
    6)Limited voice vocab.
    7)No warning in some cases of low batteries .
    8)The voice dialler does not give an exact alarm event compared to HKC .
    9)condensation in the micro sensors .
    10) sensors dropping signals .
    I have not seen issues like that on any sort of scale to worry about.
    I have also seen most of the above issues on HKC at times as well. The batteries on the PiRs was a well known issue for one.
    Zone alarm events are reported on Powermax Complete with voice features. Its also available via SMS.
    Not sure what you mean by limited voice vocab. You do know you can define your own custom voices as well??
    When you install a large number of systems you will get the odd battery or device fault. That would be with all systems.

All this while working with reputable companies ......
    I'd say 28 - 30 systems ......
    Really? Because I remember you telling me your not an installer when you were wanting access to the trade forum. Was that a lie or is this a lie?
    Have you used a Yale or response system ? What experience of these systems are you basing your opinions on ? After all visonic systems are considered DIY ..
    I have come across about 50/60 of them over the years. Always from people who called with problems with them and/or asking for advice in replacing them.
    Who considers Visonic a DIY system & why do you think that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Just because I'm not paid doesn't mean I dont install. :) what I discuss with you off thread is irrelevant ..... I remember you making claims too;)
    Check those PMs again ;)
    I believe it was you who advised people to steer clear of DIY systems
    Is this person not you ?

I also love how you argued with me regarding using contacts only when you yourself said they provide the same protection when used with PIRs .

Can you be a bit more specific to visonic systems :D I know how much you love Siemens :D
    you again are avoiding the question. Question 1. Do you rate the visonic system as a low or high end product?

Didn't you say it was low end ?

• Advertisement

Just because I'm not paid doesn't mean I dont install. :) what I discuss with you off thread is irrelevant
    I am keeping details posted to a minimum , however you do need to be more upfront here. You are giving the impression you have a lot more experience than you have . Work experience is not the same thing. If your on work experience I presume you were out with a qualified installer and it would be them working on the systems rather than you.

Jeez, you went back 5 years to find something. Wow !!!
    The market was different then and some systems were different.
    I hadn't installed the Powermax + and that way my opinion based on what I was sent.
    Go back further, you may find me saying Securewatch is a good panel but now I'd be saying go for something better. Time is funny like that.
    I also love how you argued with me regarding using contacts only when you yourself said they provide the same protection when used with PIRs .
    There is plenty of applications where PiRs & contacts are fine. There is also plenty of applications where they are not.
    That's probably an argument for another day

Can you be a bit more specific to visonic systems :D I know how much you love Siemens :D
    you again are avoiding the question. Question 1. Do you rate the visonic system as a low or high end product?

Didn't you say it was low end ?

It would be a lower spec than Siemens but not at the level of B&Q, Argos or Yale systems.

Ehhh no I wouldn't post that if it wasn't me who carried out the work .......... It's only called work experience since I'm not paid .... You hardly think a company would take on someone who doesn't already know how to install systems .. That'd be a bit risky ..
    If I wasn't at it every week I'd agree with you but that's not the case :) yes of course they are licensed ?!? it wouldn't effect me either way :D
    Ye it's amazing how the past can catch up on you like that .

I wouldn't install the secure watch simply because the secure wave is hybrid ... But there's nothing wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

its getting beyond a joke now its suggested im working for visonic as a rep by some people here,if you bothered to read some of my comments i work in the pharmaceutical industry as a instrumentation engineer.hence why i can comment on how good siemens is and their backround.these forums shoud be giving impartial advice but all i see here is how great hkc is and people constantly discrediting other makes ..as i repeat what i said before different makes and applications and ALL MAKES HAVE PROS AND CONS....

bazbrady wrote: »
    its getting beyond a joke now its suggested im working for visonic as a rep by some people here,if you bothered to read some of my comments i work in the pharmaceutical industry as a instrumentation engineer.hence why i can comment on how good siemens is and their backround.these forums shoud be giving impartial advice but all i see here is how great hkc is and people constantly discrediting other makes ..as i repeat what i said before different makes and applications and ALL MAKES HAVE PROS AND CONS....

It really is.

There is no basis for suggesting anyone here is a paid rep shilling in their posts.
    As I have said if there were it would quickly be discovered & sorted.
    As I said, its more a case of people not knowing the industry & the players involved. A lot of the HKC installers (and many I know well) literally don't even know any other panels. Many of them will tell you that themselves.
    Anyway enough is enough all round on this whole thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement