Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 12 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Depends on how the game is going really. But no communication trumps everything else imo I don't mind hurry up at any point in the game once I'm given a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Whoa whoa whoa. Just seen the assertion about no comms. I said I was going no huddle twice on mic, in fairness I backed out of the second as I realised I was better eating clock!
    I was going to say anything about it but you expletive laiden tuts in relation to the no huddle instead of simply calling a timeout like you should have if you weren't happy with your defensive setup.

If I was down by ten and the person had been having successful time consuming drives for 3 quarters again I'd do the exact same and would have no complaints about someone doing it to me.
    My gauge is always whether I'd be p'ed off if someone did it to me and honestly I'd of been expecting it.
    Pretty sure the time of possession stat would backup my impression of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Nelbert do you actually use a mic? I asked you a question in the second qtr of our game and got no answer. I thought then that I heard you cough in the third. You also failed to inform me you were going hurry up in the fourth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa. Just seen the assertion about no comms.I was going no huddle twice on mic, in fairness I backed out of the second as I realised I was better eating clock!
    I was going to say anything about it but you expletive laiden tuts in relation to the no huddle instead of simply calling a timeout like you should have if you weren't happy with your defensive setup.

If I was down by ten and the person had been having successful time consuming drives for 3 quarters again I'd do the exact same and would have no complaints about someone doing it to me.
    My gauge is always whether I'd be p'ed off if someone did it to me and honestly I'd of been expecting it.
    Pretty sure the time of possession stat would backup my impression of the game.

I don't know, I had my headset on all game and didn't hear a word out of you.

I shouldn't have to use my timeouts for something like that, they are crucial at the end of the game.

Anyway play the game whatever way you like and best of luck in the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Shane is now The Chosen One after a deserved 28-14 victory over the Chiefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Berty44 wrote: »
    Really?!?!?
    Shane- please oh please put up a play by play post,

Berty- you ok mate, in shock? Numb?
    At least we know you're human :D

Berty44 wrote: »

This does not bode well for the Packers vs Chiefs game.... Packers GM has apparently scheduled holidays mid season with no explanation given....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

ah your grand nelbert, he still hasn't beaten me so there's hope for u yet ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nelbert wrote: »
    This does not bode well for the Packers vs Chiefs game.... Packers GM has apparently scheduled holidays mid season with no explanation given....
    Doesn't bode well for the Packers?! my next 2 games are against the Chargers!

*Also I meant to say,I wonder how far the Chargers would have went if the GM had been in charge since the start of the season.The AFC West is gonna be a nightmare next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Wasn't going to be around to do a write up as i told Berty to put up the score but I have a few mins now.

First off, coming into the game I was just hoping to keep it as close a score as possible.

Chiefs win the toss and elect to kick.

1st Quarter
    Chargers, drive down the field through a flurry of passes from Phillip Rivers, taking up most of the 1st Quarter.
    Chiefs then stop the Chargers on their 1 yard line, with 4 and 1, leaving the Chargers HC with a decision to make, FG or go for it! SD decide to go for it and come out in a run formation, audible to a 5 WR set and Rivers throws a TD pass to TE Antonio Gates.

2nd Quarter
    Chiefs get the ball, SD's defense has been poor to say the least this season!, and in turn allowing the Chiefs to drive 80 yards and throw a short pass to Jamaal Charles from the 3 yard line for the TD. 7-7

SD receive the ball and can't get anything going on offence, punt to Chiefs who return it to near the half way line. A nice mix of pass and run plays allow for Chiefs to throw a 15yd TD to TE Renee Bullock, 7-14.

HT

3rd Quarter
    Chiefs receive the ball and are sacked for a loss of 8 yards, punting on 4th. A mix of poor play by Chiefs WR J. Silver who had the ball in his hands and just dropped it on that drive attempt.
    SD get the ball at their 30yard line and Rivers is once again unleashing passes left right and center. Driving SD to the half way line, SD sees that one on one coverage with M.Floyd and throws deep, Floyd outpaces the CB for a 58yard TD. 14-14.

Cheifs get the ball at their own 20, with some nice running to the outside with Jamaal Charles they make it to the 40yard line, then que QB J Merian throwing a pick to rookie CB, Jakhari Brown. leaving the chargers with good field position. Chiefs then sack Rivers for 3rd and 23rd. The Chargers then power down the field with another set of perfectly thrown passes from Rivers, converting on 3rd and 23, to get to the half way line! San Deigo once again push to the Chiefs Red Zone and call and end around leaving Floyd to run in for the TD. 21-14.

Cheifs get the ball and run it to their 23yard line, up steps MLB Takeo Spikes to nab the ball out of the air near the half way line. SD with the ball, Mathews on a run to the left gets hit hard by Chiefs defense and fumbles, recovered by Chiefs.SD stop the Chiefs from getting a first down here and the punt is a good one leaving SD at their own 17yd line. Que Mathews running the ball and fumbling only for the fumble to be recovered by SD, very lucky!. SD now try and run down the clock as time approaches the 4th, with constant running from Mathews, serious case of fumbilitis!

4th Quarter.
    SD run on all downs and get nowhere thanks to solid D from the Chiefs. J.Merian and the Chiefs get the ball at their own 9yd line after a good punt! After some impressive passing across the middle the Chiefs move up to their own 30yd line, J. Merian with the ball, throws deep, picked off by newly signed FA Craig Dahl!, once again SD try to run it taking precious time off the clock, with Mathews running past players to gain first down near halfway. SD then decide to go to the air once more and get to the 11yd line, Rivers to Meachem for TD! It could just as easily been picked off by Chiefs LB, lucky for SD he wasn't paying attention!

Just over 3mins to go in the 4th and SD kick, Chiefs return to the 24yd line, SD's D stands firm and on 3rd down, with Chiefs needing a score fast, they throw a pic to ROLB Melvin Ingram, leaving SD with position of the ball at their own 30yd line. SD run once again to get that clock down! Punt to Chiefs who get the ball near the 30yd line, with just over 2mins left to go Kansas travel down the filed to near the halway, then J. Merian goes deep and It's picked off once again by Craig Dahl, with only 50 seconds left on the clock SD kneel it out!

Great game, Berty, adjusting on D and converting on 3rd was key for me here! The game was much closer than the score suggests.

Some Stats:
    Passing
    SD - Rivers - 140.7 Rating ' 240Yds ' 3 TD
    Kansas - J Merian - 52.7 Rating ' 205Yds ' 2TD 4 Int (Matt Cassel with one other)

Rushing
    SD - Mathews - 79yds ' 15 att ' 2 Fumbles
    Kansas - Charles - 74yds ' 10 att '

Receiving
    SD - Mathews - 8 for 56yds
    SD - Pierce Cherry - 4 for 57yds
    SD - Floyd - 3 for 80yds
    SD - Meachem - 2 for 36yds

KC - Bullock - 1 for 15
    KC - Moeaki - 3 for 73
    KC - Silver - 3 for 49
    KC - Baldwin - 2 for 51

There's ye're lot! Some yardage might be approx, cant remember perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals beat CPU Bills...

Still proudly propping up bottom of AFC North

Cardinals beat 49ers 23-14

Cards
    Passing 212
    Rushing 109
    0 ints
    0 turnovers
    2 forced fumbles for Peterson and Wilson

49ers
    Passing 125
    Rushing 99
    1int
    3 turnovers

Good game mate, your guys just couldn't get going for 3 quarters (dropped everything in the first half!), things started to go well for you in the forth but a little too late, 49ers return the second half kickoff up to the cards 4 yard line, then the mighty Arizona defensive pack forced a 4 and out on their own 1 yard line which turned out to be critical, some fan members reported hearing dockett roaring "hold the line" gladiator style during this standoff! :)

Roll in next season..

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Cardinals beat 49ers 23-14

Cards
    Passing 212
    Rushing 109
    0 ints
    0 turnovers
    2 forced fumbles for Peterson and Wilson

49ers
    Passing 125
    Rushing 99
    1int
    3 turnovers

Good game mate, your guys just couldn't get going for 3 quarters (dropped everything in the first half!), things started to go well for you in the forth but a little too late, 49ers return the second half kickoff up to the cards 4 yard line, then the mighty Arizona defensive pack forced a 4 and out on their own 1 yard line which turned out to be critical, some fan members reported hearing dockett roaring "hold the line" gladiator style during this standoff! :)

Roll in next season..

Shockey and fitz just caught everything, biggest losing streak ive been on in madden 13. Cant believe your qb is still on a cold streak.

madalig12 wrote: »

Shockey and fitz just caught everything, biggest losing streak ive been on in madden 13. Cant believe your qb is still on a cold streak.
    Kolb is always on a cold streak! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bengals beat CPU Bills...

Still proudly propping up bottom of AFC North

Unfortunately some one has too, good draft pick though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Berty- you ok mate, in shock? Numb?
    At least we know you're human :D
    It was actually my 5th loss in a row over the leagues I play in and it was one Shane totally deserved. His offence was excellent and he was able to move the ball very well throughout while his much maligned defence was fantastic.

Just think I need some more practice with my comrades from Mars :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

And for those around in the M12 days, Shane was a quality player and pretty much topped his division each season..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

And for those around in the M12 days, Shane was a quality player and pretty much topped his division each season..

Exactly. An unexpected result for sure, but Shane is a serious player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Brown took an early lead with Weeden hitting Lee Evans and Greg Little on good routes and then tight end Ben Watson on a 38yd bomb.
    Trent Richardson powered in for 28 yd run outside the tackles

Browns then missed a 41yd FG but took scored another to take a 10-0 lead in the second quarter.

But it didn't last long as Isiad Pead the running back took in a 17yd TD.
    In the special teams play of the seson the Rams caught a bouncing punt at the 2yd line, how did that do that :eek:
    Browns put 3 defensive backs deep and Danny Amendola scorched them all for a 90 yd TD :confused:

Pride hurt the Browns GM tried the same with 6 seconds left in the quarter, Travis Benjamin WR beat the coverage but the pass just missed

Half time Rams 14 - Brown 10

Battle of the kickers in the 3rd quarter, Browns scored a FG while the Rams hit the crossbar, unlucky!

Greg Little was nailed on the most outrageous pass interference I've ever seen, where were the flags??? :mad:

4th quarter Rams 14 - Browns 13

Greg the Leg made it 17 -14 and then Kenny Britt after dropping passes all day took a 15 yd bullet in the corner of the endzone.

Browns go hurry up, there were no disagreements here, we had the mics
    Greg Little with a diving catch at the goaline and it's powered in by Trent Richardson.
    Weeden fooked up the 2 point conversion with a wounded duck of a pass :rolleyes:

24 Rams - 20 Browns with 3 minutes left

Browns contine the fightback and Marcel Reece runs the same play twice in a row for a 13yd TD pass and Browns take the lead inside the 2 minute warning
    To be honest my fullback is faster then Steven Jackson :pac:

4th and long and the Rams GM delivers to drive up the field and make it 27-27

Here's to overtime

Rams in FG range and Isiah Pead gets walloped and fumbles the ball. :eek:
    An almighty scramble ensues and it's a Rams offensive lineman who recovers

Greg the leg converts a 56yd FG seals it and the Rams win 30 - 27

MVP
    Isiah Pead 24attempts 94 yds at rushing and 5 catches 38 yds 1 TD at passing

Injury news
    Jay Dwyer MLB for the Rams out for 3 weeks with abdonminal tear
    Joe Haden my best player done for the season with a broken collar bone :(

Cracking game Rams, one of the best I've played in a long, long time

Nelbert do you actually use a mic? I asked you a question in the second qtr of our game and got no answer. I thought then that I heard you cough in the third. You also failed to inform me you were going hurry up in the fourth.

I bought a mic only recently. The on/off toggle is a bit dodgy however and I'm now not sure if people can hear me. I was under the impression that as long as I could hear people they could hear me, if that's not the case I apologise unreservedly!
    I've also just corrected a cat5 issue that made my internal net link run at 100mbps instead of a gig.
    If the combo of the above or one or the other is (or hopefully was) the issue hopefully its sorted now. Will try a friendly game later if someone is about to test my mic before I drop more money on another new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Giants 9 Seahawks 20

Not a classic. Seahawks scored first on a 47yard run from Steve Slaton. His only touch of the game. This score was after eating up half the quarter or 1/8 of the game on the opening drive.

Couple of fgs for Giants brought them well into it.
    Hawks defence largely held though, with particular attention given to Travis Beckum at TE who was a popular target. Two of my 3 ints game off balls sent his way.

After a comedy of errors (muff punt, and two traded ints) Giants went 9-7 ahead.

I will say at this point that all this time I could hear dance music playing through my opponents mic and couldn't seem to shut it out...Im a Paul Simon sort of guy. :)

I'm fairly sick of my offence at this point. The injury to Rice at WR was the kiss of death for the pass game. Im riding Lynch to the playoffs.Flacco threw it 6 times in this one...

Id take Madden 25s Seawhawks though...Percy Harvin hello there!

Got 11more plodding points anyway to gain the lead and the dubblya.

Thanks to the rizz/empacher for the game. Trust me when I say offensive tactics pain me too. Id only love to throw the ball more. Best of luck for the remaining games.

I hope the hawks are playoff bound. One and done Id say though.

Kolb is always on a cold streak! ;)
    Six minutes i had the ball. you had over 26.

Six minutes i had the ball. you had over 26.
    I seen that mate, alot of that was me milking the clock!

I seen that mate, alot of that was me milking the clock!
    It was throw after throw is what it was.

Advertisement