Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE weather forecast Summer 1996

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

We had some very hot spells in 2003 and 2006 with 30 degrees or more but those spells didn't last very long so they aren't as imprinted in people's memories as previous ones that lasted weeks on end (76, 83, 84 and 95).

I worked in Shannon the summer of 95 and remember counting at least 20 days where the mercury hit 27 degrees or more! I remember going out in the evenings and it being so balmy - still 20 degrees and so humid at 11pm...the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

ongarboy wrote: »
    We had some very hot spells in 2003 and 2006 with 30 degrees or more but those spells didn't last very long so they aren't as imprinted in people's memories as previous ones that lasted weeks on end (76, 83, 84 and 95).

2003 was warm but overcast. Really horrible, humid, hazy, dull weather. That 2006 spell was great, I certainly remember it!

1989 was also a good 'un.

Advertisement