Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Marathon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭napathy

Hi, probably coming from Enniscorthy on the day and was wondering if anyone had a good idea where to park to be close to the start but still be able to get away handy enough after I finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

napathy wrote: »
    Hi, probably coming from Enniscorthy on the day and was wondering if anyone had a good idea where to park to be close to the start but still be able to get away handy enough after I finish?

The start and finish are a bit more than a mile apart....there is loads of parking around the finish (RSC), you have superquinn on one side and another 100 or more spaces across the road,about 400m up further you have woodies and lidl...no shortage of spaces,across the road is another businss park and then you have smyths toy store also....

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Hi all,
    I just signed up for the half marathon: anybody from Carlow town doing it? Could share the pick up of the pack the day before at least and save on petrol money (wished they posted it instead).

This is my first half marathon, only did a 10k before.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭123agh

napathy

you can park at the w.i.t car park just 500 metres from the finish then get free bus in from the rsc(finish) to the start and then when you finish just walk up to the W.I.T and head out to the ring road and home to enniscorthy or you could join the party in sinnotts after marathon party or even go to madness in the bolton street car park that night and then you can stay overnight and watch the raven's Rock Rally the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

123agh wrote: »
    napathy

you can park at the w.i.t car park just 500 metres from the finish then get free bus in from the rsc(finish) to the start and then when you finish just walk up to the W.I.T and head out to the ring road and home to enniscorthy or you could join the party in sinnotts after marathon party or even go to madness in the bolton street car park that night and then you can stay overnight and watch the raven's Rock Rally the day after.

Promoting things hard 123! Fair play. We didn't do too well against Laois the other day! Are the council keeping up their end of the bargain?

• Advertisement

Bahanaman

i am in discussion with them at the moment you know what it is like but i am keeping my chin up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

echancrure wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I just signed up for the half marathon: anybody from Carlow town doing it? Could share the pick up of the pack the day before at least and save on petrol money (wished they posted it instead).

This is my first half marathon, only did a 10k before.

Chris

Hi Chris

IIRC there are some of the people fromFit To Go Bootcamp in Carlow heading down to it so maybe they would be willing to share the pick-up?

123agh wrote: »
    Bahanaman

i am in discussion with them at the moment you know what it is like but i am keeping my chin up

Keep plugging away 123! If it happens it happens. We'll manage either way. The training is done. We won't let some very small areas of poor surface hold us back. Sure we'll only be hitting it in spots anyway!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

The taper has begun..!

How many registered for the full 123?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

I have signed up but beyond a confirmation e mail at the time have heard nothing.
    Will an email be sent out with race number to print to enable registration at the WIT before the race or do I print off the e mail already sent?

Taper time! Let the paranoia begin! What's the final tally of registered runners 123? Are each of the Waterford legends running the full or are they doing the relay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Delboyo

RubyK wrote: »

Half pacers are every 10mins from 1.30 to 2.10 inclusive according to a recent post on fb.

Well folks 1900 entries exactly 600 Full 800 half and 500 relays I am informed that there will some repairs to green road part We have 13 bands playing along the route with some of them doubling up so it should be a great atmosphere. Registration in the w.i.t thursfday and friday parking on the day will be in the w.i.t as well the weather is supposed to be good and we have some god marathoner running as well

Who are the good marathoners 123?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Decided to give this a lash, had a bit of a nightmare at last years so hoping for a better day this time. Looks like it could be a hot one-

Partly cloudy. High of 23C. Winds from the WSW at 10 to 15 km/h.

bahanaman
    total number 1900 exactly 600 marathon 800 half 500 relay a former olympian and an athlete on a good run (pun) of form at the moment on the irish scene. busy at moment with organisation looking forward to the day we have over 12 bands playing around the course so atmosphere should be electric .

Pauline Curley and Gary o'Hanlon maybe?

Must be Gary O'Hanlon I'd say. If not it'd be one of the few he hasn't entered this year. He's some machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'd recommend putting up a few warning signs about the surface on the green road. It's bordering cross country!

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'd recommend putting up a few warning signs about the surface on the green road. It's bordering cross country!

i heard they are patching it up this week, i'll take a trot out that way during the week and post my findings

Sosa wrote: »
    i heard they are patching it up this week, i'll take a trot out that way during the week and post my findings

I think that's the problem though, it's already like a patchwork quilt and has lumps bumps and hole's everywhere. I can't see a huge improvement. Pacer groups will have to be very careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I think that's the problem though, it's already like a patchwork quilt and has lumps bumps and hole's everywhere. I can't see a huge improvement. Pacer groups will have to be very careful

I better sound interested. What stage is that ?

123, is there a map showing locations of water and gel stations along with road closures. There was one last year and it was really helpful to show the family the best place to go to support and how to get there.

123, is there a map showing locations of water and gel stations along with road closures. There was one last year and it was really helpful to show the family the best place to go to support and how to get there.

everything here : http://www.waterfordvikingmarathon.com/the-race/frequently-asked-questions.html

9m VR....have a look at the route,im pacing the first half and then joining in again for the last 5/6 of the 3:00 group...looking firward to it, i hear your doing 3:30

http://www.waterfordvikingmarathon.com/the-race/viking-marathon-routes.html

see you saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Looks to be between 22-23 mile. Will have to keep an eye on that alright. Thanks

Around 23 i think, when you turn off from the tramore road. It's reasonably flat which helps but the surface is awful for about 1 mile or so

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Looks to be between 22-23 mile. Will have to keep an eye on that alright. Thanks

No prob. What group are you dragging around?

• Advertisement

Sosa wrote: »

Yeah I looked through that and but it doesn't have a copy of the map I am talking about. Last years map was prepared by the city council IIRC and it showed which roads were closed and for how long. Wife and kids hoping to eat to a few locations to cheer me on so she wants to plan out how she's going to get from A to B to C.

Advertisement