Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Marathon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Yeah I looked through that and but it doesn't have a copy of the map I am talking about. Last years map was prepared by the city council IIRC and it showed which roads were closed and for how long. Wife and kids hoping to eat to a few locations to cheer me on so she wants to plan out how she's going to get from A to B to C.

http://www.waterfordvikingmarathon.com/viking-marathon-latest-news.html

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Sosa wrote: »

Ah look at it there with its hairy hands!!!

Thanks Sosa.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Gavlor wrote: »
    No prob. What group are you dragging around?

Hi V,
    Im down to do 3:45 with CorkRunning. Dragging myself around will be tough enough.! Hopefully it will be a popular enough time And we have a few with us. Are you running?

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Hi V,
    Im down to do 3:45 with CorkRunning. Dragging myself around will be tough enough.! Hopefully it will be a popular enough time And we have a few with us. Are you running?

I will be in the 3:45 group.

I will be in the 3:45 group.

Good stuff Johnny. Hope the training has gone to plan. Say hello beforehand if you get a chance. Hopefully it wont be to warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Hi V,

I'm going to race the half, it's a fairly flat course and could lend to a decent time. I'll see you before the start anyway.

I'm going to race the half, it's a fairly flat course and could lend to a decent time. I'll see you before the start anyway.

Good stuff. I ran the full last year and thought the course for the half could be pretty fast alright, first few miles were on nice country rds. I assume it hasnt changed too much. Good luck with it. Talk to ya sat.

Good stuff. I ran the full last year and thought the course for the half could be pretty fast alright, first few miles were on nice country rds. I assume it hasnt changed too much. Good luck with it. Talk to ya sat.

Same here but they completely changed the half route!! Typical.

Enjoy the pacing, make sure you finish every sentence with 'boi' and handout blaa's instead of gels ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Weather forecast is looking close to ideal:)

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Waterford/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Hope it turns out to be accurate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

Hi any chance some one could collect a number for my bf? We are badly stuck I'm working etc so can only make it down Saturday morning

My wife is going to collect my bib and a couple of others as well tomorrow. Was wondering if she needs to have any details of the lads she's collecting for? Maybe you could answer that one 123?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    My wife is going to collect my bib and a couple of others as well tomorrow. Was wondering if she needs to have any details of the lads she's collecting for? Maybe you could answer that one 123?

Name and date of birth is all that's needed according to a few posts from organisers on Facebook page.

Slightly confused I am heading out at around 3pm tomorrow to collect my number so if you want me to try to get ur bf's send me PM with the name DOB and phone number and I will see if I can get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

PM SENT thanks a million

Name and date of birth is all that's needed according to a few posts from organisers on Facebook page.

Slightly confused I am heading out at around 3pm tomorrow to collect my number so if you want me to try to get ur bf's send me PM with the name DOB and phone number and I will see if I can get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭123agh

colleagues
    I hope i find you well well 24 hrs from the start of the longest day of my life but the weather is ideal , registration is good, the course has been cleaned,the bushes trimmed , the bands are tuning up and let the running begin. I hope you all perform to best and be carefully the green road section is not yet repaired but they promised they would do something but just be careful on it.
    123agh

123agh wrote: »
    colleagues
    I hope i find you well well 24 hrs from the start of the longest day of my life but the weather is ideal , registration is good, the course has been cleaned,the bushes trimmed , the bands are tuning up and let the running begin. I hope you all perform to best and be carefully the green road section is not yet repaired but they promised they would do something but just be careful on it.
    123agh

Best of luck with it all. As a fellow blaa, it's great to have such a well run event on our doorstep.

Well done to all on the committee, hopefully everything will go to plan on the day.

All good 123! Doin a great job. Looking forward to it big time now. Training and tapering just about done now. Just have to get out for a jog today to see if the legs are still working! See you tomorrow! :D

The Green Road? It is what it is. We'll manage it! No excuses. Unless........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

blockic wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow!

Should be a good day. Heard that bad section is done and it's really a botched job. Was meant to pace this but pulled out this morning. Other marathons get a nights accom or two and 50 expenses to pace it. Waterford you get zilch. No accom for the out of towners and not even a lunch vOucher after running 26.2 for them. I was only pacing to get a refund back that I had already entered. When I didn't have it Thr day before a race no point in pacing it. Will now jog it myself. Won't ever dream of pacing this one. With Thr amount of money coming in a 20 euro lunch per head wouldn't have been much to ask for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Delboyo

Just so everyone is aware of the facts here: . A refund was made last Friday June 21st to the credit card that paid for this entry. It was only made known yesterday that this credit card was cancelled since the orginal payment was made due to it having been stolen. The timing company confirmed the payment went through and are trying to find out where it went.
    In the meantime it was agreed to write a cheque to cover the refund, but in fairness the credit card owner had to get back to work and there were lots of people to register at that particular time yesterday at lunch time. The cheque was written and since binned of course.

Regarding overnight accommodation, if it was made known that accommodation was required for anyone coming from Kilkenny we would certainly have done our best to facilitate it.
    Expenses will certainly be provided this year to those travelling. But up front payments are not really feasible...given the unfortunate drop outs due to injuy etc. And there were many this year!!

Pacers are a VITAL part of any marathon these days and their value to us is huge. It is a very important job indeed and is HUGELY appreciated. We really hope the remaining pacers know this...and thank you all!! Enjoy the day!!

to
    Should be a good day. Heard that bad section is done and it's really a botched job. Was meant to pace this but pulled out this morning. Other marathons get a nights accom or two and 50 expenses to pace it. Waterford you get zilch. No accom for the out of towners and not even a lunch vOucher after running 26.2 for them. I was only pacing to get a refund back that I had already entered. When I didn't have it Thr day before a race no point in pacing it. Will now jog it myself. Won't ever dream of pacing this one. With Thr amount of money coming in a 20 euro lunch per head wouldn't have been much to ask for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Good to hear that expenses will be provided to people travelling. They were not last year so it's a good thing. As there was no mention of a cheque been written to me on principle a lad wouldn't pace it. Still I will enjoy the day.
    I hope ye will give all pacers a little lunch voucher or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

What time does registration close at this evening??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Runner2012 wrote: »
    What time does registration close at this evening??

9pm today!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

Thanks- reckon I'd be ok rocking up at 9.30?? Traffic out of Dub is a bit hairy...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Thanks- reckon I'd be ok rocking up at 9.30?? Traffic out of Dub is a bit hairy...

Can you ring ahead and ask them?

Give a buzz on 0830066033!!

Delboyo wrote: »
    Give a buzz on 0830066033!!

You should prob delete that post and pm your number?!

You should prob delete that post and pm your number?!

It's ok Gavlor...it's the race number from the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Sat am - 13 degrees, light breeze, chance of a shower, sun clouding over - now I'll have to find another excuse:p.

Seriously, that looks good, so best of luck to all hitting the road in the morning and may you get what you are looking for.

Now where did I put those fresh legs.....

Advertisement