Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeywell Domonial installer needed

Options
  • 13-03-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have a Honeywell Domonial but the original installer has gone AWOL and I don't have the engineering code. I want to change a few things (changes to the part-arm mode, add an extra sensor, add an extra keypad, maybe add a GSM communicator).

As far as I can make out, the Domonial isn't suited to DIY as you need a proprietary programmer or an installation manual that's very hard to come by.

Should I be looking for another installer in the area or replace it with one that I can DIY? Any recommendations for an installer in North Wexford would be welcome.

I've installed a couple of alarms for parents and in our home so DIY is something I'd be happy with.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You sound like you would rather be looking after it yourself. If that's the case you would be better off replacing the panel to something like Siemens or HKC Securewave.
    The Siemens also gives you the benefit of programming via a web browser..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The honeywell kit is quite good but with the changes you are suggesting it would probably be best to start from scratch again.
    You may be able to reuse the dominial sensors with the galaxy kit.

Advertisement