Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

House has two esb meters

• 13-03-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi lads, just been looking at a house that was previously let as two seperate flats and is now back as one complete house. Their are two fuseboards and two meters directly above them. The owner wants the two fuseboards to go under one meter now as paying extra rental each month for the other meter.
    I'm a qualified sparks but wondering what's the best way of going about this as i've limited dealings with ESB. The loads are pretty much the same as your average 4 bed house one electric shower, one cooker etc. Is it just a case of feeding the two boards from one meter and ringing the esb to cancel the other?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

So thats 2 cookers and 2 showers and both general circuits off 1 supply? I wouldnt unless the house was redone as a single dwelling (see below). Dont make a mistake because the landlord is a cheapskate. Dealing with the ESB almost always requires a cert even if you think its not necessary when just deactivating a supply. Its a liability thing. So if its a nixer (sounds like it) dont get involved with them.

So if you must, maybe drop a cooker. Get the showers on a non/priority switch. Loop with 16sq. No large electrical heating loads too i presume. Terminate the second supply safely to some good IP box. Get paid and let landlord take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

It's not a nixer. I'm Vat registered and will be supplying a Vat invoice. The house has like i said has one cooker and one electric shower 8.5kw. The other shower is gravity fed from immersion tank. The other cooker is long gone and old kitchen is back to being a bedroom the last 4 or 5 years. So it's a normal 4 bed house again. This is why the owner is fed up with two bills for one house. Anyway i think it's gonna be easier than i thought as was speaking to someone today and they said esb will just cancel one of the meters. No certification required as it's a disconnection. I think the best thing to do is ring them myself :rolleyes: Thanks

Advertisement