Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westpark gym Tallaght

• 13-03-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Can anyone tell me what the annual membership is for Westpark? Do they do student membership? Their website only has a form for you to fill out which I assume means they will forever more contact me if I don't end up joining!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Annual comes in at €450...im not sure about student membership!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Student is 400 per year.

I'm a member and its a great facility. I don't really use the trainers but pretty much the same crew have been there for years...so there isn't a huge turnover in staff.

Lots of cardio equipment so you're never waiting for that, even at peak. Same with weight machines. Very little waiting around there. Varied class timetable, modern spinning bikes, large weights room, though the squat rack and power racks can be busy. Plenty of dumbbells up and downstairs. Ladies only weight room too. Pool is really nice. Water quality is excellent. Its kept very clean too, I find.

Overall, I think it's pretty good value for money compared to a Ben Dunne site. Okay, the outlay is high-ish compared to BD but I find the experience is 5 times better than anything BD can offer.

Only bug bear, like everywhere, is goons not re-racking dumbbells and plates. I tend to train later in the even when its very quiet but the weight room can be a mess. Sometimes takes a minute or 2 to find a match of a dumbbell i want to use. But you'll get that everywhere really. It has improved slightly since they gave a couple of lads a free month for tidying up. Seems to have sharpened up a little bit but could be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Do they do casual/walk-in rates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

mitosis wrote: »
    Do they do casual/walk-in rates?

No

Advertisement