Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

justeat.ie

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

i ordered a take away from Faisal indian take away at just before 8pm. they rand me at 9.30 from the wrong address. they were at the other side of the city. he arrived. i took food and gave him e25. when i got inside - there was no fries, no naan . one 2 cold curries and a rice. i rang the take away - they said sorry, and would get the order re delivered.
    at 10.05 he arrived and apologised. when i got in there was a kebab and chips in the bag! WFT. i rang the driver, said it wasnt his fault. i rang the take away, he said it was a kebab ti say sorry for the wrong and cold food earlier.
    i called Just Eat.... they said the restaurant tried to sort my problem, and did not know i did not like kebabs!!!!
    they guy from just eat told me to give them a bad review on their site...how does that help my disappointment?

anyone else this problem with Just Eat or Faisal indian Take Away?

hungry and disappointed customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had nothing but positive experiences from JustEat. Nothing to do with JustEat i'd say, leave them a bad review, and i'm sure with enough bad reviews JustEat wouldn't want to be associated. But it just could have been a bad night for then. Never got anything from there so can't say for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

1st world problems....

But no that genuinely does sound dreadful. By the 9:30 mark I probably would have accepted defeat and gone mad on biscuits and bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

I'm not from Waterford or anything... but I have often wondered about justeat.ie... I was always wary of using it because I prefer to speak directly with someone and have them confirm the order. I found that if I went to google the name of a business that uses just eat, their phone number is no where on the net. Obviously a ploy to encourage the use of justeat.ie

I always thought that justeat.ie was an irish entrepreneurial concept. But looked into it recently and found that it is Scandinavian (I think) business and has grown to other markets such as Britain, continental europe and even the states. There is money behind it now with venture capitalists on board.

Never thought it would be something that would take off but I suppose others believe in it!

Oh and yes... I was in a friends before and we ordered a chipper from it and we ended up having to ring them. They claimed that the order never came through!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

lol -- im reading the replies --- and there is a Just Eat ad on the bottom of the page! Justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

We use justeat.ie a fair bit in Dublin and we've never experienced any issues with them. As far as I know, once you've ordered food, that order goes straight to the company so if the food is late arrival it's the company's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Faisals food is gorgeous, anytime we've ordered from them they are so slow, but worth the wait. we normally ring them and go to collect, they always give me a free can of coke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sounds like your issue was with the take away and not the site. Justeat.ie is merely an index. Once you place the order, everything else is handled by the restaurant if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've heard similar issues with Faisals.
    I've always found them slow in fairness. Even after ringing up a good 20 minutes before arriving, you could be waiting another 20 minutes. Tasty though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've used Planet Spice once or twice through JustEat and never had any problems, might be worth a try next time OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Most times I get a takeaway I've used Just Eat. Never a problem. Sounds like the issue is with the Restaurant anyway OP, the website is only facilitating the transaction after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Most times I get a takeaway I've used Just Eat. Never a problem. Sounds like the issue is with the Restaurant anyway OP, the website is only facilitating the transaction after all.

Ya, it's a bit like blaming vodafone if you ring Domineos and they make a balls of your order.

Your lucky though, I live at least 20min drive away from Any half decent take away. God, I'd love to be able to ring someone and they drop it into the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Never had an issue with Justeat.ie .. I think its a fantastic service!

as for faisal.. if thats the indian up by the marian... completely negative things to say about the place and their customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

Never a prob with just eat but the one time I ordered from Faisel put me off for life. Ordered food for delivery through just eat and paid by card. After about a half hour I got a call to say they had no delivery driver. Ok no problem ill collect. I get there and they actually haven't even started cooking my food. I'm there waiting a good 30 mins and then when food is ready they try and charge me. I'm telling them I paid by card through just eat and after another 10 mins of them checking and telling me I had to pay they finally get confirmation about my payment. All the time my food getting cold . Get home and guess what yeah my partners food is there and nothing for me only a chip..exasperated :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

F.Y.I
    Goa now deliver, said it on the new menu sent in the door today.
    http://www.cafegoa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

never had a problem with ordering off just eat but im after having issues with a couple of delivery drivers trying to hike up the price of delivery compared to the site price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That's actually great news... always felt awkward in there standing beside people who were eating their meals and having to jump out of the way of the waitresses who come flying past!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Sounds like your issue was with the take away and not the site. Justeat.ie is merely an index. Once you place the order, everything else is handled by the restaurant if I'm not mistaken.

Just Eat is not an index- they charge the take away quiet a bit of money to host them, and comission if 12% on every order. As far as Consumer association goes - its Just eat that promises your food. promises it in 30 mins for the fee paid to Just Eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

jennygirl wrote: »
    Just Eat is not an index- they charge the take away quiet a bit of money to host them, and comission if 12% on every order. As far as Consumer association goes - its Just eat that promises your food. promises it in 30 mins for the fee paid to Just Eat.

Completely untrue...
    first of all Faisal tried to charge me 20% extra one night saying it was just eats commission so i'm presuming its higher than 12..

just eat do not promise you a certain time... there is an estimated time for any order, as filled in my the restaurant itself, then the restaurant accept and give you the actual time as chosen by them...
    Just eat even let you log in and see if the restaurant has changed the order time which is really handy...

I've never heard anything of a 30 minute rule EVER! the minimum most places give in 40 mins to cover themselves.

Advertisement