Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4 Style

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

lasted to 1:05 , record for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Can't beat a bit of k pop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Julez wrote: »
    But its just really, really not funny at all. Its not clever or original. It's just rubbish, up there with the likes of Mrs. Browns boys which for some reason a lot of people seem to think is funny.
    I actually quite like Mrs Brown's Boys and it is one of the top selling DVDs in the UK on 2012. :)

I give this girl a lot of credit for trying, at least she is trying to live a dream so fair play to her. Personally, I haven't liked either of the two videos of hers I've seen so far and in this case she has definitely missed the boat. The thing you have to realise with memes is that no matter how good your version or parody is, if you come to the party way after the meme has peaked then you're in trouble and it will be seen as lame as well as late. It seems out of touch and out of date when already the Harlem Shake is incredibly well established.

Fair play for giving the dream a go but better selection of ideas and better timing is needed. Also, a few acting classes would not go astray to help her underplay some aspects of her acting and to emphasise others. If she is serious about this as a potential career then she needs to do something to help herself.

Don't see the reason for all the hate to be honest. Can't stand the way people beat down on someone who makes an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Don't see the reason for all the hate to be honest. Can't stand the way people beat down on someone who makes an effort.

Maybe they're jealoius they don't have the talent or the b@lls to do something like it ? At the end of the day Kristin is getting a lot of support and even if nobody likes it on here, at least she's getting exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Maybe they're jealoius they don't have the talent or the b@lls to do something like it ? At the end of the day Kristin is getting a lot of support and even if nobody likes it on here, at least she's getting exposure.

Talent? She has no talent. All she's doing is trotting out a tired old stereotype that's been done to death.

That's the problem today, people think they'll get famous from sticking any old crap on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 BigBraveBear

Fair play for her for creating something and having the guts to give it a go, but it has to be said, the video is just terrible, absolutely horrendous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Horrible Horrible video. This "Kristin Kapelli" is trying so hard to go viral. Which whatever to that, but both videos have been cringe worthy so far.

No not a thread on fashion tips from the posh bit of Dub, but the lastest 'totes amazeballs' video from a lovely talented lady by the name of Kristin Kapelli. If you have seen 'Skanger Style' or heard of it then you'll like this one.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that you are friends with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Or are her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Absolutely terrible sh*te. Got 10 seconds in and threw my PC out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Or are her.

Just a friend who I think is talented, but one man's meat is another's poison. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If my friends are ****e at something I tell them. Best you do the same. Just cause they're your friend doesn't mean you should spare their feelings. Look at all those dysfunctionals on X-Factor who are encouraged to go on and embarrass themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Fair play for her for creating something and having the guts to give it a go, but it has to be said, the video is just terrible, absolutely horrendous stuff.

This ^

More than I've ever tried but still... I only lasted 10 seconds before turning off the video.

Accents/mimicking aren't her thing, but she does have a funny side so maybe she should try writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Teh INTERNETS is the last place to go looking for a critique of your creative work if you're thin skinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

You all sl@g it but its got over 1200 views in less than 48hrs so it can't be that bad. I don't know why people are against it. At least Kristin is doing something she enjoys. She's been on Rte, (both tv & radio) in the papers & appeared at many events.

Come on people support this lady & stop being so negative :)

By Christ, she must be quality then so....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Accents/mimicking aren't her thing, but she does have a funny side so maybe she should try writing?

That's a good idea, she has already scripted the lyrics for this parody (at least I assume it was her), so she should try writing.

Mind you, there's a couple of lines in that video where she tries to squeeze too many syllables into the line before the music runs out. That said, if she's writing comedic sketches then she wouldn't have to worry about that aspect. Worth thinking about.

I don't think she should give up entirely on the videos though. She has some talent for writing but definitely needs help with the emphasis of her body language, facial expressions and gestures on-screen. Again, the video may not be my cup of tea but there's something there and if she can nail it then she has a good chance of producing something a lot of people like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Advertisement