Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering in Brazil

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,

I want to go to Brazil, possibly to work, learn Portuguese, but also (and probably first of all), to volunteer.

I'd preferably like to:

-work with children (under 20s), either playing or teaching them English
    -not manual labour (I know), but can do this if it's all there is available
    -orphanages

I'm learning Portuguese and hope to have a good, basic grasp by the time I go over.

I've looked at different sites and it's all so confusing - some charge much more than others, and I'm dubious about going with the free ones in case they're not as legit.

I also will be going alone so would be willing to pay initially if it meant getting shared accommodation with other volunteers to help ease the transition, and hopefully make friends.

Has anyone got experience of this in Brazil or nearby countries, and any recommendations on what do/which companies to choose?

Would be very much appreciated.

Thinking of going in May by the way.

Advertisement