Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same No different Network Q

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just say I changed from O2 to 3 and kept my Number, If I wanted to go back to O2, can I just put my old sim back in or will calls still be redirected to 3?

That make sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The association between the number and the sim exists in the computer systems in the network you're currently with - the phone number is not hard wired into the sim as a lot of people think. Any O2 sim can be associated with your phone number, that's how you can keep your old number when your phone is lost or stolen and you get a replacement, they just update their systems to associate the new sim with the phone number and they mark the old sim as inactive i.e. dead.

When you move from O2 to 3, the O2 sim is effectively dead meaning that if you pop it into a phone, the O2 network will refuse to talk to it. If you want to go back to O2, they will give you a new sim, they typically never reactivate old sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bu33les

Thanks Coy :)

Advertisement