Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of a good summer?

Options
  • 14-03-2013 12:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭

Just like my childhood in the 90s, we had some excellent spells of sun, any chance of a cheer up for the country this summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just like my childhood in the 90s, we had some excellent spells of sun, any chance of a cheer up for the country this summer?

NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As much chance as any year, that is to say about 10%. Someone was banging on about "the 18 year cycle" here a while back, well if there is such thing we should be in for a 1995 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

NO!! That's not very helpful...

Cereal it's to far off to say now. Most models beyond 4days are not to reliable. But there are those on boards who say a bad spring leads to a good summer, but they are the same people who climbed the walls of that special complex in Dundrum.

We shall wait and see. I think we will have a typical Irish summer. Couple of sunny weeks and the rest will be uninteresting with wet days thrown in.

Oh and the moaning about the weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

At the rate you're using up the annual quota of cold, wet days you're bound to have a good summer. Wait a sec ... what's that?

Oh the quota is 365 days a year. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The New Zealand guru Ken Ring has been for a long time predicting that there would be a good summer this year. The last six summers were below par if not downright bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

2010 wasn't too bad. I remember doing my Junior Cert and everyday would be clear blue skies and it was like that for from the end of May well into June. My Leaving is in June so be fully expecting some fantastic weather then folks :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

shootie wrote: »
    2010 wasn't too bad. I remember doing my Junior Cert and everyday would be clear blue skies and it was like that for from the end of May well into June. My Leaving is in June so be fully expecting some fantastic weather then folks :D.

Ah, good weather for the exams....it was always thus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah, good weather for the exams....it was always thus!!

They should spread the leaving cert out over three months. Great summer guaranteed every year!

Advertisement