Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCARY LIVING IN RIVERHAPEL AT MOMENT ....

Options
  • 14-03-2013 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

calling all people from riverchapel / courtown area of wexford whats your opinion on the burglaries and crime here in the past few weeks I feel really frightend by it all lets here all comments and opinions ....

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I don't live there but I have been working in the area regulary since 1999. I saw the place turn from a nice quiet village into a subarb with all the housing estates throwing up. All I can say is that the place gets swarmed with people starting next weekend until next sept Any of the long term locals I speak to a bout the area are fed up of the crime and antisocial nature of some of the people who moved into the area. But what is happening in riverchaple is also happening all over the country.The building bubble burst houses are been rented now without the tenants been vetted, the antisocial behaviour of the youth of today is getting out if hand. Bmaxi is from the area he will be able to discuss it better with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

nor40 wrote: »
    calling all people from riverchapel / courtown area of wexford whats your opinion on the burglaries and crime here in the past few weeks I feel really frightend by it all lets here all comments and opinions ....
    Where in Riverchapel do you live, some parts are affected, more are not. Have you contacted Neighbourhood Watch? I can give you a phone no. if you want.
    Certainly a lot of the problems are caused by landlords letting houses to undesirables, sometimes I'm convinced, at the behest of the Health Board and the County Council although both have denied this is the case. It just doesn't ring true when a lot of those apprehended have previous addresses in Clondalkin and Finglas.
    Gardai have assured us there is no scaling back of patrols in the area and checkpoints are quite frequent but really, it's down to the lack of a sense of community in the area, so many new arrivals who are really only weekend residents. People like Declan Dunbar and Robbie Ireton have worked hard for the community over the years but unless we look out for each other, it's a losing battle. All I can say is, if you are new to the area, get to know your neighbours and who is coming and going in your area, then, if you see any strange cars acting suspiciously or see youngsters gathering which you think might lead to anti-social behaviour, report it to Gardai, giving descriptions and reg. nos if possible. Gardai say not enough people report suspicious or anti social behaviour and they can't act unless they know, all reports are confidential and no one need ever know who made the report.

Advertisement