Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were we almost gazumped?

Options
  • 14-03-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

So myself and the missus have put a deposit(5k) on a house and it has been sale agreed for two weeks, we have had it valued and had a structural surveyor around, another 500 quid, today is the day we see the contracts for the first time, now there are still some issues with the house that need to be ironed out before we sign, and we both refuse to be pushed into it any quicker than we want.
    Anyway, yesterday the EA rings my gf, and says the vendor cannot answer some of questions, as they do not know the location of the services entering the property! So this is ok, it just means a little more investigation.But anyway a few hours later the EA rings her again to say there has been another offer on the house, and that he went to to the vendor with it, and the vendor has said that they will go ahead with our sale. And then went on to say we better get the contracts signed quickly so that we don't lose the house! if it wasn't the wasn't so suitable to our needs I would nearly tell to go and shove it! Any advice on how to deal with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

tell the agent to Fu*k off. Go at your own pace, if they arent happy pull out. Theres not only one suitable house for everybody. So you will find something else if you have to.

I doubt a new offer was mate TBH probably jsut trying tp push you along, and if there was who cares the vendor rejected it. Clearly because your at an advanced stage or because the other offer was below yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If an agent said it was bright outside, I'd look out the window. The agent doesn't work for you or represent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

At this stage the EA is out of the loop & it's up to the Vendors solicitor to provide satisfactory replies to your solicitors pre-contract enquiries. If the EA rings again just tell them both sets of solicitors are working towards getting the contracts signed as soon as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

We had the exact same thing happen, however in our case the agent said they received a higher offer but because he was "a man of his word", he would not accept the offer but that we should get a move on signing contracts etc. Kinda worried me at the time, but looking back I should have to him where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

The buyer is king in this market. You take your bloody time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Unbelievable that the agent is willing to risk the sale by doing this. If it was me i'd tell where to go in no uncertain terms.

Advertisement