Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Caravan Park

Options
  • 14-03-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking camp at the Atlantic Caravan Park in August but can't find any reviews anywhere. Gave them a ring but the guy I spoke to was not very helpful "we don't take bookings". I'm trying to keep positive - hoping this is just because it is out of season and the guy may have just been security staff but I would appreciate any information anyone could give me. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I think most camp sites are the same if you're just camping, it'd be different if you have a caravan you are looking to park in a bay. If you're just turning up with a tent, there's always plenty of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Castlemoyne

Yes, some are but we are a family of 6 with quite a large tent and we want electiricy hook up. I've tried emailing them but no reply. It is definately the best camp site location as we want to be near friends who are staying in Cahemore holiday homes but don't want to get all the way there with 4 young kids to find there's no room or no electicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You'll be fine to just turn up. There would be plenty of space, and electric hook-ups, at this time of the year. Even in the summer, they won't guarantee electric, it's first come first served, iirc.

Bring a heater, you'll be bloody freezing. There are some higher walls in the park, try to find one of them for shelter, but near a tap, electric and the toilet block!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Castlemoyne

Thanks a million - we're actally going in August so fingers crossed it'll warm up a bit by then ;)

Advertisement