Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest Electric Trimmer for head shaving

Options
  • 14-03-2013 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good electric hair trimmer, for the purpose of shaving at zero blade only, I'm looking for one that will shave as tight as possible.
    I've been shaving my head now for about 10 years, in that time I've had two different Remington trimmers, which I've been fairly happy with, but they just dont cut the hair as tight as I would like. I'm looking for close to a wet shave look, without wet shaving.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why not just wet shave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 BigBraveBear

I tried wet shaving my head once, it was a bit of a disaster, got a lot of cuts and it took me forever to do it. If I thought I could do a good job wet shaving I would deffinately do it. So for now Im gonna stick to the electric trimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

If you want to try wetshaving again, this is your man:
    http://www.4men.ie/p/388/headblade-atx-allterrain-scalp-razor
    Works brilliantly and looks like a tiny car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sorry nephster, I disagree 100% - found them muck.

I shave the dome nightly and easiest method for me is to lather as I would for the face with a proper shaving cream/soap and a brush and then shave with a Gillette Sensor or a DE. No nicks and could do it blindfolded at this stage and still get it BBS. Practice pays off.

OP, best bet is to wet-shave with proper prep and equipment. Failing that and if you want to stay electric, the beard trimmers with no attachments should give a closer shave than the head trimmers with no attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Well, each to their own Gran, can only comment on my own experience :) But in my case find it works very effectively, moving on from Bic disposables or the Mach 3 I used before, with both the supplied four blade carts and using the far cheaper two blade ones built for the older model, which require a slightly different technique. Only used the ATX so can't comment on previous versions.

No nicks at all, full BBS apart from the tiny swirl at the top of my head which I can't seem to eliminate with any manner of razor. I'd welcome any advice on *that*.
    Did full prep first few times but realised worked fine for me with minimal lubrication from hair conditioner under the shower - so effectively blindfolded.

Now for the face, that's a full on DE ritual exactly as you describe, wouldn't have it any other way now! And I admire you for being able to DE the dome, that I can't do without a lot of blood...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wahl balding professional clipper. I have used many trimmers over the years, and this is by far my favourite.

Flys throught the hair as it has a faster motor. I shave my face with it too. You have to be a lot more careful using them than normal clippers.

5425587.jpg

Advertisement